* [ECOS] connection arm-elf-gdb and EDB7211
@ 2001-02-16  2:19 Edelmann Thomas
From: Edelmann Thomas @ 2001-02-16  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I have a problem connecting to the CirrusLogic Evaluationboard EDB7211.

I can download the cygmon.bin via serial line without any problem. But I'm
unbable to get a connection for arm-elf-gdb to the stub.

I'm starting arm-elf-gdb and enter then 'set remotebaud 38400' and 'target
remote /dev/ttyS0'. These commands should open the connection to the board.
When I try afterwards to download my little hello program (specified on the
commandline 'arm-linux-gdb hello') I receive only "Ignoring packet error,
continueing...".

Has anybody the same problem or eventually a solution for the problem.

I don't understand why I can download the stub without a problem but then,
when I try to download a program via gdb, I receive only errors???

Thanks for your help,
Thomas

> ---
> Windows:  A 32 bit shell for a 16 bit operating system, originally written
> for
>  an 8 bit processor on a 4 bit bus by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1
> bit of
>  competition!
> Thomas Edelmann             Siemens AG, A&D GT 13
> * Voice:  +49 911/895-2703	Postfach 4848
> * Fax:      +49 911/895-3715	D-90327 Nürnberg
> * E-Mail: mailto:Thomas.Edelmann@nbgm.siemens.de
>       Visit our Internet-Server at http://www.ad.siemens.de

* Re: [ECOS] connection arm-elf-gdb and EDB7211
@ 2001-02-16 10:07 ` Vlasios Tsiatsis
From: Vlasios Tsiatsis @ 2001-02-16 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edelmann Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Edelmann Thomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem connecting to the CirrusLogic Evaluationboard EDB7211.
>
> I can download the cygmon.bin via serial line without any problem. But I'm
> unbable to get a connection for arm-elf-gdb to the stub.
>
> I'm starting arm-elf-gdb and enter then 'set remotebaud 38400' and 'target
> remote /dev/ttyS0'. These commands should open the connection to the board.
> When I try afterwards to download my little hello program (specified on the
> commandline 'arm-linux-gdb hello') I receive only "Ignoring packet error,
> continueing...".
>
> Has anybody the same problem or eventually a solution for the problem.

I had the same problem with an assabet board though.
For this board you can download the image for the gdb stubs via a JTAG
cable using a programmer running on a PC. I was using Linux for developemt
and a laptop for downloading the image file for gdb stubs onto the board.
The laptop was not networked so i had to move the image file on a floppy.
What proved to be the problem was the floppy disk itself. If you download
a corrupted image file nothing will work.

Also try to use some ready made binary from the eCos site to test if this
is working properly on the board.
I am not familiar with the board your are working with but can you
download an image using the serial port ?

So make sure the image is right  an it is downloaded right.

good luck,
vlassis