* [ECOS] Broken arm aeb GDB stubs
@ 2000-02-18  4:07 Carles Perello
From: Carles Perello @ 2000-02-18  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi there,

After updating tho the last CVS snapshot I try to build the GDB stubs
(using the script found in hal/atm/aeb/current/misc/STUBS_config,
as usual). After loading the stubs on the AEB board (using Angel), the
ecos stubs do not work issuing an illegal instruction fault. Does this has
something to do with the last Changelog?

>2000-02-10  Jesper Skov  <jskov@redhat.com>
>
>        * include/plf_stub.h:
>        HAL_STUB_PLATFORM_STUBS_INIT->HAL_STUB_PLATFORM_INIT
>
>        * misc/STUBS_config:
>        * include/pkgconf/hal_arm_aeb.h:
>        Removed stubs as a legal startup type.

Meanwhile I will revert to a previous snapshot...

cheers

Carles

* Re: [ECOS] Broken arm aeb GDB stubs
@ 2000-02-18  5:39 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-02-18  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carles Perello; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Carles> Hi there,

Carles> After updating tho the last CVS snapshot I try to build the
Carles> GDB stubs (using the script found in
Carles> hal/atm/aeb/current/misc/STUBS_config, as usual). After
Carles> loading the stubs on the AEB board (using Angel), the ecos
Carles> stubs do not work issuing an illegal instruction fault. Does
Carles> this has something to do with the last Changelog?

You've tried this before, right? It's just that it's not clear from
the above that you download the stubs via Angela and then follow up
by programming them into flash using the board's ROM monitor.

But I assume that's what you did.

I'll try to build stubs again and see if I have problems as well.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] Broken arm aeb GDB stubs
@ 2000-02-18  6:00   ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-02-18  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carles Perello; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Carles> Hi there,

Carles> After updating tho the last CVS snapshot I try to build the
Carles> GDB stubs (using the script found in
Carles> hal/atm/aeb/current/misc/STUBS_config, as usual). After
Carles> loading the stubs on the AEB board (using Angel), the ecos
Carles> stubs do not work issuing an illegal instruction fault. Does
Carles> this has something to do with the last Changelog?

Jesper> You've tried this before, right? It's just that it's not clear
Jesper> from the above that you download the stubs via Angela and then
Jesper> follow up by programming them into flash using the board's ROM
Jesper> monitor.

Jesper> But I assume that's what you did.

Jesper> I'll try to build stubs again and see if I have problems as
Jesper> well.

Works fine. Did you by any chance try to run the stub after
downloading it?  You're not supposed to do that. See Notes for
details.

Jesper