* [ECOS] MP3
@ 2001-05-24  0:04 Tom Vandeplas
From: Tom Vandeplas @ 2001-05-24  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

does anybody know where I can find some free MP3 player source code. I'm
working on a demo on a Cirrus edb7212 to introduce eCos in my company, an
MP3 player would really dazzle them I think.

I saw a press release about an open source MP3 demo on the Cirrus board, but
I can't locate it.

Thx

* Re: [ECOS] MP3
@ 2001-05-24  7:31 ` Nicola Bergamin [BW]
From: Nicola Bergamin [BW] @ 2001-05-24  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Vandeplas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Tom,
we've found this interesting material at :
http://www.sparta.lu.se/~bjorn/whitney/thesis.htm
It's  an ethernet based audio player, a good thesis work,
called "whitney".

Nicola

From:           	"Tom Vandeplas" <vandeplas@siriuscomm.com>
To:             	<ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Date sent:      	Thu, 24 May 2001 09:03:57 +0200
Subject:        	[ECOS] MP3

> Hi all,
>
> does anybody know where I can find some free MP3 player source code.
> I'm working on a demo on a Cirrus edb7212 to introduce eCos in my
> company, an MP3 player would really dazzle them I think.
>
> I saw a press release about an open source MP3 demo on the Cirrus
> board, but I can't locate it.
>
> Thx

 Nicola Bergamin
 BlueWind Embedded Systems Design
 Via Steffani, 7/B
 I-31033 Castelfranco Veneto (TV)

 Office: +39 0 423 723431
 Fax   : +39 0 423 744738
 GSM   : +39 335 7556736
 mailto:nicola.bergamin@bluewind.it
 http://www.bluewind.it

* Re: [ECOS] MP3
@ 2001-05-24  7:37   ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2001-05-24  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicola Bergamin [BW], Tom Vandeplas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > does anybody know where I can find some free MP3 player source code.
> > I'm working on a demo on a Cirrus edb7212 to introduce eCos in my
> > company, an MP3 player would really dazzle them I think.

Hmm, a bit of a common item to be "dazzling" IMO, but anyway: Cirrus Logic
will provide you with GNU-linkable object libraries for their MP3 decoder
for free, if you ask. The EDB documentation tells you how to obtain this
information.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."

* Re: [ECOS] MP3
@ 2001-05-24  7:45     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-05-24  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards; +Cc: ecos-discuss, Tom Vandeplas, Nicola

On 24-May-2001 Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:

>> > does anybody know where I can find some free MP3 player source code.
>> > I'm working on a demo on a Cirrus edb7212 to introduce eCos in my
>> > company, an MP3 player would really dazzle them I think.
>
> Hmm, a bit of a common item to be "dazzling" IMO, but anyway: Cirrus Logic
> will provide you with GNU-linkable object libraries for their MP3 decoder
> for free, if you ask. The EDB documentation tells you how to obtain this
> information.

But that, in and of itself, wouldn't really show off eCos which is what
he was asking for in the first place.

* Re: [ECOS] MP3
@ 2001-05-24  7:55     ` Nicolas Pitre
From: Nicolas Pitre @ 2001-05-24  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards; +Cc: Nicola Bergamin [BW], Tom Vandeplas, ecos-discuss

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:

> > > does anybody know where I can find some free MP3 player source code.
> > > I'm working on a demo on a Cirrus edb7212 to introduce eCos in my
> > > company, an MP3 player would really dazzle them I think.
>
> Hmm, a bit of a common item to be "dazzling" IMO, but anyway: Cirrus Logic
> will provide you with GNU-linkable object libraries for their MP3 decoder
> for free, if you ask. The EDB documentation tells you how to obtain this
> information.

Alternatively, you could have a look at madplay:

http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/

Nicolas