* [ECOS] Do any of the ARM LPCxxxx serial functions work?
@ 2006-04-21 20:29 Brett Delmage
From: Brett Delmage @ 2006-04-21 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wonder if anyone actually has interrupt-driven serial output working on
any of the ARM Philips LPCxxxx based targets?

I am not getting serial output to start.
The problem I see is in
ser_16x5x.c pc_serial_start_xmit()

The Philips docs state that the UART will not generate a Transmit Holding
Register Empty interrupt unless it has had at least two charcters put into
the FIFO. Then it will set the interrupt flag on the transition to empty.

However Ecos just enables the THRE interrupt, which is insufficient to
cause an initial interrupt.

Brett

* [ECOS]  Re: Do any of the ARM LPCxxxx serial functions work?
@ 2006-04-24 10:16 ` Daniel Néri
From: Daniel Néri @ 2006-04-24 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Brett Delmage <Brett.Delmage@twobikes.ottawa.on.ca> writes:

> I wonder if anyone actually has interrupt-driven serial output
> working on any of the ARM Philips LPCxxxx based targets?
>
> I am not getting serial output to start.
> The problem I see is in
> ser_16x5x.c pc_serial_start_xmit()

The "fix" mentioned in

  http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-05/msg00243.html