* [ECOS] Application size on i386
@ 2001-03-05 20:51 Cristiano Ligieri Pereira
From: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira @ 2001-03-05 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I'm having a simple problem with an application running on i386. The
hello.c or twothreads.c examples are working fine on my PC. I'm booting
both using floppy disk, or in other words, without using serial connection
and gdb.

However when I link these applications with a library I'm trying to use,
which is 211015 bytes long, and try to execute both applications they
don't work fine. Basically they reboot the machine.

The final file sizes are 189792 bytes (hello.bin) and 190464 bytes
(twothreads.bin). I'm wondering whether those files are too big since I'm
not doing any call to the library I'm linking those applications to (I'm
just linking them). If that is the reason, how can I get rid of it?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks a lot,

Cristiano.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira

* Re: [ECOS] Application size on i386
@ 2001-03-13 12:08 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-03-13 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira wrote:

> I'm having a simple problem with an application running on i386. The
> hello.c or twothreads.c examples are working fine on my PC. I'm booting
> both using floppy disk, or in other words, without using serial connection
> and gdb.
>
> However when I link these applications with a library I'm trying to use,
> which is 211015 bytes long, and try to execute both applications they
> don't work fine. Basically they reboot the machine.
>
> The final file sizes are 189792 bytes (hello.bin) and 190464 bytes
> (twothreads.bin). I'm wondering whether those files are too big since I'm
> not doing any call to the library I'm linking those applications to (I'm
> just linking them). If that is the reason, how can I get rid of it?

I believe there was a 64K limit when booting off a floppy in eCos 1.3.1, so
make sure you are using anonymous CVS.

Jifl