* [ECOS] GCC and XScale
@ 2001-07-29 13:49 Cristiano Ligieri Pereira
From: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira @ 2001-07-29 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Only xscale-elf-* should be used to build applications to an XScale board?
Can I generate xscale-elf-* from gcc-2.95.2? Do I need to download GCC
3.0? What's the best version of GCC to generate xscale-elf-* binaries? Or
arm-elf-* should work?

Some clarification on these issues are very welcome. :-)

Thanks,
Cristiano.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira

* Re: [ECOS] GCC and XScale
@ 2001-07-30  9:22 ` Deepak Saxena
From: Deepak Saxena @ 2001-07-30  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira; +Cc: ecos-discuss

You can build arm-elf-* and they'll work fine on Xscale.  You won't
get pipeline optimizations and access to any of the new opcodes in
ARMv5 though.

~Deepak

On Jul 29 2001, at 13:49, Cristiano Ligieri Pereira was caught saying:

--
Deepak Saxena - deepak@csociety.purdue.edu

Muhammad my friend it's time to tell the world we both know it was a girl
back in Bethlehem and on that fateful day when she was crucified
she wore Shiseido Red and we drank tea by her side - Tori Amos

* Re: [ECOS] GCC and XScale
@ 2001-07-30 11:49   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-30 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepak Saxena; +Cc: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira, ecos-discuss

Deepak Saxena wrote:

> You can build arm-elf-* and they'll work fine on Xscale.  You won't
> get pipeline optimizations and access to any of the new opcodes in
> ARMv5 though.

If you do want those, try the tools at
http://www.intel.com/design/intelxscale/dev_tools/

I haven't tried these _particular_ versions myself, so I don't know for
sure how well they work (I know the ones we are using internally are fine,
but Intel may still be distributing an older version). If they do work
well, let us know!

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] GCC and XScale
@ 2001-09-06 10:26     ` Cristiano Ligieri Pereira
From: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira @ 2001-09-06 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: Deepak Saxena, ecos-discuss

> Deepak Saxena wrote:
> >
> > You can build arm-elf-* and they'll work fine on Xscale.  You won't
> > get pipeline optimizations and access to any of the new opcodes in
> > ARMv5 though.
>
> If you do want those, try the tools at
> http://www.intel.com/design/intelxscale/dev_tools/
>
> I haven't tried these _particular_ versions myself, so I don't know for
> sure how well they work (I know the ones we are using internally are fine,
> but Intel may still be distributing an older version). If they do work
> well, let us know!

I've done all my port and also I've been compiling and running eCos
applications without any problem using this version of the XScale
compiler.

This is just to let you all know :-).

Cristiano.