* [ECOS] Program -> start in Flash
@ 2000-07-05 23:58 jens.ohlund
From: jens.ohlund @ 2000-07-05 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi !

I want my program to reside in the flash and startup when the board is "powered up".
Where should I start reading about it or do I only have to turn the startup to ROM ?

btw, it's a AEB-1 card.

yours
Jens Ohlund

* RE: [ECOS] Program -> start in Flash
@ 2000-07-06  3:41 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-07-06  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jens.ohlund; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 06-Jul-00 jens.ohlund@secrc.abb.se wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I want my program to reside in the flash and startup when the board is "powered up".
> Where should I start reading about it or do I only have to turn the startup to ROM ?
>
> btw, it's a AEB-1 card.

ROM startup is more complicated on the AEB than on most other platforms.
In general, you simply need to create an eCos image with ROM startup.  Then you
need to jump through some hoops to get it in a form which the AEB FLASH loader
will use/accept.  The best place to look at this is:

.../hal/arm/aeb/VERSION/cdl/hal_arm_aeb.cdl
  This file contains the makefile magic to actually build a flash rom image.
  Look at the details for building GDB stubs in ROM.

.../hal/arm/aeb/VERSION/src/gdb_module.c
  This file contains the flash image layout, as used by the ARM AEB flash loader.