* [ECOS] ARM vectors
@ 2000-08-02  0:44 Carl van Schaik
From: Carl van Schaik @ 2000-08-02  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I'm having a bit of trouble with the vectors.S on EB01
I defined CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_HAS_MMU so that my reset_vector is supposed to
remap to 0x0 based address.
The macro (UNMAPPED_PTR) (x)-__exception_handlers seems to make the
reset_vector address 0x64 instead of 0x44 (When I examine the memory in
the simulator) I think this might be due to the .section ".fixed_vectors"
which gets remapped into RAM. The macro is computed before this remapp and
the offset is thus left incorrect.

Whats the best way to solve this?

thanks

Carl van Schaik   <carl@leg.uct.ac.za>
Dept. Electrical Engineering, UCT

621 Menzies Building
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch
Western Cape
7700
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 650-3467
Fax: +27 21 650-3465

* RE: [ECOS] ARM vectors
@ 2000-08-02  6:46 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-08-02  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

This seems to work properly on all of the ARM platforms I have.

On 02-Aug-2000 Carl van Schaik wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble with the vectors.S on EB01
> I defined CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_HAS_MMU so that my reset_vector is supposed to
> remap to 0x0 based address.
> The macro (UNMAPPED_PTR) (x)-__exception_handlers seems to make the
> reset_vector address 0x64 instead of 0x44 (When I examine the memory in
> the simulator) I think this might be due to the .section ".fixed_vectors"
> which gets remapped into RAM. The macro is computed before this remapp and
> the offset is thus left incorrect.

This must be a problem with your linker layout. What do your MLT files look
like?