* Re: [ECOS] webserver don't run on ecos.
@ 2000-08-08  1:42 GARCIA Guillermo
From: GARCIA Guillermo @ 2000-08-08  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi all,

the bus error comes from
the following line in file sym.c :

430  return sum % tp->hash_size;

where tp->hash_size = 0 !!!

did i do something wrong during compilation ?

thanks,

Guillermo.

* Re: [ECOS] webserver don't run on ecos.
@ 2000-08-08 15:23 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-08-08 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GARCIA Guillermo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 08-Aug-2000 GARCIA Guillermo wrote:
> hi all,
>
> the bus error comes from
> the following line in file sym.c :
>
> 430  return sum % tp->hash_size;
>
> where tp->hash_size = 0 !!!
>
> did i do something wrong during compilation ?

I just tried this on the same target hardware as you and it worked
straight out of the box.  I'm using a Linux development host with
sources equivalent to the latest anonymous CVS tree.

Here are the basic steps I took:
  mkdir /work/edb7212_net
  cd /work/edb7212_net
  ecosconfig new edb7212 net
  ecosconfig tree
  -- edit ecos.ecc
    cdl_option CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE {
       user_value 1638400
    };
  make

  mkdir /work/webs21
  cd /work/webs21
  gzip -d </tmp/Webs21.tar.gz | tar -xvpf -
  cd ECOS
  -- edit Makefile
    [gary@hermes ECOS]$ diff Makefile{~,}
    11c11
    < PKG_INSTALL_DIR := /work/net_test/install
    ---
    > PKG_INSTALL_DIR := /work/edb7212_net/install
  make

That's all!  No changes to any other files were necessary and it just
built and ran.

* Re: [ECOS] webserver don't run on ecos.
@ 2000-08-09  2:34 GARCIA Guillermo
From: GARCIA Guillermo @ 2000-08-09  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hello !

>I just tried this on the same target hardware as you and it worked
>straight out of the box.  I'm using a Linux development host with
>sources equivalent to the latest anonymous CVS tree.

I suppose the problem comes from my developpement host (WinNT ;).
In the makefile I had to compile webcomp, did i have to change something in
this line :

webcomp:
 cc -o webcomp -O2 -DWEBS -DUEMF -DOS="Linux" -DLINUX -I.. ../webcomp.c

and put something like that :

webcomp:
 gcc -o webcomp -O2 -DWEBS -DUEMF -DOS="WindowsNT" -DWIN -I.. ../webcomp.c
/*(I didn't have cc so i change it to gcc.)*/

I tried this changes and I had an error of include : winnls.h not found.
I had search this file but i didn't find it. I removed this include
and it compile correctly but I still have the bus error.

>Here are the basic steps I took:
>  mkdir /work/edb7212_net
>  cd /work/edb7212_net
>  ecosconfig new edb7212 net
>  ecosconfig tree
>  -- edit ecos.ecc
>    cdl_option CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE {
>       user_value 1638400
>    };
>  make

to build eCos i use the red hat configuration tool so i didn't understand
what you do. But i think eCos was well build.

>  mkdir /work/webs21
>  cd /work/webs21
>  gzip -d </tmp/Webs21.tar.gz | tar -xvpf -
>  cd ECOS
>  -- edit Makefile
>    [gary@hermes ECOS]$ diff Makefile{~,}
>    11c11
>    < PKG_INSTALL_DIR := /work/net_test/install
>    ---
>    > PKG_INSTALL_DIR := /work/edb7212_net/install
>  make

I did the same thing but i had the bus error.
Did u ran Webs21 in ROM or in RAM ?

>That's all!  No changes to any other files were necessary and it just
>built and ran.

what about webrom ?

best regards,

Guillermo.

* [ECOS] webserver don't run on ecos.
@ 2000-08-07  6:32 GARCIA Guillermo
From: GARCIA Guillermo @ 2000-08-07  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all

i ran all tests succesfully on eCos with arm-elf-gdb
and when i try to run webs.exe with arm-elf-gdb i
have the following output :

$ arm-elf-gdb.exe -nw webs.exe
GNU gdb 20000314
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=arm-elf"...
(gdb) set height 0
(gdb) set remotedebug 0
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote com1
Remote debugging using com1
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Quit
(gdb) target remote com1
Remote debugging using com1
0xe0001750 in ?? ()
(gdb) load
Start address 0x8060 , load size 1311437
Transfer rate: 27180 bits/sec, 305 bytes/write.
(gdb) cont
Continuing.
Init device '/dev/ttydiag'
Init tty channel: 148228
Init device '/dev/haldiag'
HAL/diag SERIAL init
Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space
                    65536 bytes for mbufs
                    131072 bytes for mbuf clusters
Init device 'edb7xxx'
cs8900 init
CS8900 - type: 630E, rev: 800
CS8900 - status: D6 (no EEPROM present)
laBOOTP[eth0] op: REPLY
       hw_type: Ethernet
       hw_addr: FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
     client IP: 10.80.1.202
         my IP: 10.80.1.202
     server IP: 10.80.1.51
    gateway IP: 10.80.1.250
        subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
       IP broadcast: 10.80.1.255
[New thread 2]

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
[Switching to thread 2]
0xe280 in hashIndex (tp=0x1ff00c12, name=0x151859 "") at ../sym.c:430
430             return sum % tp->hash_size;
(gdb)

does the signal "SIGBUS, Bus error" come from eCos or
from webserver21 ? i don't know what to do to run
webs.exe.
i suppose tp->hash_size = 0 but i don't know how to change it.

thanks for help.

Guillermo.