* [ECOS] high bandwidth network problems
@ 2000-09-06  2:58 Carl van Schaik
From: Carl van Schaik @ 2000-09-06  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I have my board connected to our backbone which has a huge ammount of
broadcast traffic continously (nearly 2000 machines), after a while, ecos
starts spewing out messages: and stops responding to network traffic.

warning: eth_recv out of MBUFs
setsoftnet

Can anyone tell me what the setsoftnet is supposed to do? Do I have to
implement somthing in the network driver? What can I do to
prevent this from occuring?

thanks

Carl van Schaik   <carl@leg.uct.ac.za>
Dept. Electrical Engineering, UCT