From: Gary Thomas <gthomas@cambridge.redhat.com>
To: Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com>
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] RedBoot serial rx interrupts
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:11:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 13-Jan-2001 Grant Edwards wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 01:52:27PM -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
>
>> You should _not_ have the options required to include this code
>> set. The options CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT and
>> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT should only be enabled for
>> "normal" eCos applications.
>>
>> > I there a list of what the values for all of the configuration
>> > flags need to be in order for RedBoot to work?
>>
>> The best/simplest way is to use the template.
>>   % ecosconfig new PLATFORM redboot
>>   % ecosconfig tree
>
> I've tried a some other ARM targets (pid, edb7xxx, ebsa285),
> and they all set CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT and clear
> CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR (same as my HAL).  For example:
>
>    $ ecosconfig new edb7xxx redboot
>    U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS, new inferred value 1
>    U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
>    U CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM, new inferred value 0
>    U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT, new inferred value 1
>    U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT, new inferred value 0
>
> Would it be possible for somebody with a working RedBoot
> configuration to give me a copy of their ecos.ecc file so I can
> see what the values for all of the configuration flags are?

This looks OK and I think I mispoke before.  GDB_BREAK can and will
be set, even for RAM based RedBoot.

However, interrupts should never actually get turned on in the RedBoot
environment.  The only place where interrupts are enabled is in the
path where the kernel scheduler is enabled.

Are you seeing otherwise?  If so, where?