* [ECOS] problem of ping command in redboot
@ 2001-03-20  2:12 lmc83
From: lmc83 @ 2001-03-20  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi,
    I download a redboot_ROM image into my target (EDB7212),
    and config a static IP for it.
    I also setup up a tftp server in my linux host.
    When I follow the step in document to load a image:
    Redboot> load thread_gdb
    The target replied: can't find address of server
    When I ping the linux host:
    Redboot> ping -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    The target replied: can't find address of server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    But if I ping the target from my linux host,
    the host could found the target, what's wrong?
    Also, if I would like to use serial port to
    load image instead of use ethernet,
    how to do this?

    Thanks in advance
                        Liang Ming-Chung

* RE: [ECOS] problem of ping command in redboot
@ 2001-03-20  4:10 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-03-20  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lmc83; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 20-Mar-2001 lmc83 wrote:
> hi,
>     I download a redboot_ROM image into my target (EDB7212),
>     and config a static IP for it.
>     I also setup up a tftp server in my linux host.
>     When I follow the step in document to load a image:
>     Redboot> load thread_gdb
>     The target replied: can't find address of server
>     When I ping the linux host:
>     Redboot> ping -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>     The target replied: can't find address of server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>     But if I ping the target from my linux host,
>     the host could found the target, what's wrong?

Try enabling the network debugging (using the 'fconfig' command).
This may provide some clues.  (Send me the dumps if you don't understand them).

>     Also, if I would like to use serial port to
>     load image instead of use ethernet,
>     how to do this?

You can load files using Xmodem via the 'load' command in RedBoot.
Alternatively, you can download programs using the serial line with GDB.