* [ECOS] Does MBX redboot support ethernet DHCP?
@ 2001-05-17  6:03 Nohee Ko
From: Nohee Ko @ 2001-05-17  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi.
I ported simple mbx redboot to my mpc860 platform.
my mpc860 platform is different from MBX board but very similiar to
that.
But ethernet is not supported now.
Does MBX redboot support ethernet DHCP?
If then , do I need to configure FLASH Rom?

I mean "can I use ethernet on my mpc860 platform without FLASH Rom
support?"

thanks.

* RE: [ECOS] Does MBX redboot support ethernet DHCP?
@ 2001-05-17  6:21 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-05-17  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nohee Ko; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 17-May-2001 Nohee Ko wrote:
> hi.
> I ported simple mbx redboot to my mpc860 platform.
> my mpc860 platform is different from MBX board but very similiar to
> that.
> But ethernet is not supported now.
> Does MBX redboot support ethernet DHCP?
> If then , do I need to configure FLASH Rom?
>
> I mean "can I use ethernet on my mpc860 platform without FLASH Rom
> support?"

Yes, you can build RedBoot without Flash support (I'm not sure why you'd
want to).  However, RedBoot will need BOOTP - not DHCP - for this mode.