* [ECOS] Redboot installation queries
@ 2001-05-23  4:09 Rajeev murthy
From: Rajeev murthy @ 2001-05-23  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

The board i am using is ARM7 core based. I am using linux(6.2) as host. I downloaded the latest sources (ecos-latest.tar.gz) from the CVS and was able to build the following files:
redboot.bin
redboot.elf
redboot.img
redboot.srec
Going through the README, i found that the RedBoot as yet doesn't support serial downloading, but this is the only thing my board supports as of now. Is there any alternative to download the images.

Thanks.
rajeev

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!

* RE: [ECOS] Redboot installation queries
@ 2001-05-23  6:03 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-05-23  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajeev murthy; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 23-May-2001 Rajeev murthy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The board i am using is ARM7 core based. I am using linux(6.2) as host. I downloaded the latest
> sources (ecos-latest.tar.gz) from the CVS and was able to build the following files:
> redboot.bin
> redboot.elf
> redboot.img
> redboot.srec
> Going through the README, i found that the RedBoot as yet doesn't support serial downloading, but
> this is the only thing my board supports as of now. Is there any alternative to download the
> images.

I don't know where you got the impression that RedBoot does not support serial
download.  This is available either using 'load -m xModem' (see documentation on
the RedBoot "load" command) or by using RedBoot to run in GDB mode.

I am a little confused about your initial paragraph though.  Exactly what is
your target board?  Is it a supported target or one of your own crafting?
Do you already have RedBoot running on that board?