* [ECOS] Building Redboot
@ 2001-07-03 17:55 Amal Prabhu
From: Amal Prabhu @ 2001-07-03 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos_discuss

Hi,

I am trying to build redboot rom image for assabet. I am using Win2k host
and ecos configuration tool. I did a couple of things, I added from the
Build->Packages menu the Redboot package. Then I imported redboot_ROM.ecm
from \packages\hal\arm\sa11x0\assabet\current\misc

When I build library, I see in the build status:

make -r -C redboot/current build
make[1]: Entering directory
`/c/Download/ECOS/latest/basic_build/redboot/current'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `build'.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/c/Download/ECOS/latest/basic_build/redboot/current'

So the binary does not get built. I would appreciate any help. Also I don't
really need to build the redboot binary (Though I am curious to know what I
need to do to fix the build), but I don't know where to get one.

Thanks,
Amal.

* RE: [ECOS] Building Redboot
@ 2001-07-04  5:17 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-07-04  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amal Prabhu; +Cc: ecos_discuss

On 04-Jul-2001 Amal Prabhu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build redboot rom image for assabet. I am using Win2k host
> and ecos configuration tool. I did a couple of things, I added from the
> Build->Packages menu the Redboot package. Then I imported redboot_ROM.ecm
> from \packages\hal\arm\sa11x0\assabet\current\misc

Follow the directions in the RedBoot documentation.

Start by using the 'redboot' template - simply adding the RedBoot package
is not sufficient.  Then import any platform specifics as you have done.