* [ECOS] Creating MBX860 Stubs
@ 2001-07-02 19:16 khlai
From: khlai @ 2001-07-02 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: khlai

Hi,

I am trying to build a GDB stub ROM image for MBX860.  When I type
in: "ecosconfig new mbx stubs", I am getting the followng messages:

6 conflict(s) resolved:
 CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "ROM"
 CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
 CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
 CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS
 CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: !
CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT
 CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: ! CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM

How can I fix this?  When I try to download the stub to the target, I am not
getting any prompt.

Also, do I need to install Redboot if I use eCos?

Thanks,

Henry

* RE: [ECOS] Creating MBX860 Stubs
@ 2001-07-04 15:27 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-07-04 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khlai; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 02-Jul-2001 khlai@engmail.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build a GDB stub ROM image for MBX860.  When I type
> in: "ecosconfig new mbx stubs", I am getting the followng messages:
>
> 6 conflict(s) resolved:
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "ROM"
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: !
> CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT
>  CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: ! CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM
>

> How can I fix this?  When I try to download the stub to the target, I am not
> getting any prompt.

There doesn't seem to be anything to fix - ecosconfig resolved all of the
conflicts.

You don't want to download the stub to your target - the stub is designed to
be programmed into the flash and run from reset.

Check the latest documentation for details.

> Also, do I need to install Redboot if I use eCos?

You certainly don't _have_ to, but you'll probably find the additional
flexibility useful.