* [ECOS] SH3 and Redboot [newbie]
@ 2001-07-19  4:40 Paul Krushka
From: Paul Krushka @ 2001-07-19  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discuss

Hi

Our engineer has designed a circuit with a 7077 SH3 ship, 8Mb RAM some flash
and a 4Mb boot EPROM.  I would like to get linux booting using RedBoot as
the bootloader.  My first step will be to get RedBoot working, what
information should I get from the engineer?

He is not really interested in getting linux going on this board but is
willing to supply me with all the memory addresses that I think I will need
and also help with the schematic circuit.

Is anyone willing to give me some pointers on where to start...ie  what
memory addresses or information do I need for RedBoot to load?

I can programme the EPROM with an external programmer to load RedBoot,  the
engineer has said the EPROM is mapped at 0 so I assume I need to modify
RedBoot to setup the chip registers etc after the CPU jumps to address 0...

What information should I ask for regarding the serial port (for console)?

Perhaps there is a FAQ or HOW-TO that I haven't seen yet...

Any help is appreciated :)

Paul

* [ECOS] where to load pragram to target ?
@ 2001-07-19  5:46 ` Yong
From: Yong @ 2001-07-19  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi ,
Can anybody tell me where in GDB stub source code
can I found loading function of executable onto target ?

thx in advance ..

* RE: [ECOS] where to load pragram to target ?
@ 2001-07-19  5:58   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-07-19  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yong; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 19-Jul-2001 Yong wrote:
> hi ,
> Can anybody tell me where in GDB stub source code
> can I found loading function of executable onto target ?

There is no specific function for loading code.  This operation
is performed [solely] by a sequence of 'memory write' commands.

* Re: [ECOS] SH3 and Redboot [newbie]
@ 2001-07-19 11:33 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-19 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Krushka; +Cc: eCos Discuss

Paul Krushka wrote:

> Hi
>
> Our engineer has designed a circuit with a 7077 SH3 ship, 8Mb RAM some flash
> and a 4Mb boot EPROM.  I would like to get linux booting using RedBoot as
> the bootloader.  My first step will be to get RedBoot working, what
> information should I get from the engineer?
>
> He is not really interested in getting linux going on this board but is
> willing to supply me with all the memory addresses that I think I will need
> and also help with the schematic circuit.
>
> Is anyone willing to give me some pointers on where to start...ie  what
> memory addresses or information do I need for RedBoot to load?
>
> I can programme the EPROM with an external programmer to load RedBoot,  the
> engineer has said the EPROM is mapped at 0 so I assume I need to modify
> RedBoot to setup the chip registers etc after the CPU jumps to address 0...

For starters, you should get the memory map, details of all devices you
have on the board, and inparticular the details about some form of
diagnostic I/O, although for the SH3, you will probably be able to use the
SCI/SCIF. The trickiest part will probably be configuring whatever RAM you
have on the board, so be sure you have the details about that.

Perhaps the best guide is to look at an existing SH3 platform HAL and see
what is needed. Try the edk7708.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/