* Re: [ECOS] Placing binary file into RAM on target
       [not found] <200107271231.IAA25770@lx10.tx.ncsu.edu>
@ 2001-07-27  5:39 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-07-27  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warren Jasper; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On 27-Jul-2001 Warren Jasper wrote:

> Gary,
>
> I would use RedBoot if I could.  I have tried to compile and run it
> for the sa11x0, which I thought I could do easily since I have a
> stable working port and gdb-module part working perfectly, but I have
> not met with success.

What problems do you have?

If you can get GDB stubs working on a platform, RedBoot is anout 3 minutes
away...

@ 2001-07-26 14:09 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-07-26 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Warren Jasper; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2001-07-26 11:35 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-26 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wjasper; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Warren Jasper wrote:

> Does anybody know of a way to place an arbitrary binary file into
> SDRAM on a target if one is running gdb stubs?  I am running a
> Intel StrongARM SA1110, and would like to load a program into
> FLASH via eCos (as opposed to JTAG via a parallel port with JFLASH).
>
> gdb will only load elf type files, so I guess one option is to convert a
> file into "elf" and have the loader put it into memory.  Is there an easy way
> to do this or a better way?

echo > foo.c
arm-elf-gcc -c foo.c
arm-elf-objcopy --add-section .loadme=mybinfile foo.o
arm-elf-objcopy --set-section-flags .loadme=alloc,contents,load,data foo.o

Probably anyway :). Close enough for you to work out the rest on your own.

Jifl

* [ECOS] Placing binary file into RAM on target
@ 2001-07-26 11:22 Warren Jasper
From: Warren Jasper @ 2001-07-26 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Does anybody know of a way to place an arbitrary binary file into
SDRAM on a target if one is running gdb stubs?  I am running a
Intel StrongARM SA1110, and would like to load a program into
FLASH via eCos (as opposed to JTAG via a parallel port with JFLASH).

gdb will only load elf type files, so I guess one option is to convert a
file into "elf" and have the loader put it into memory.  Is there an easy way
to do this or a better way?

Thanks in advance,

	-- Warren

Warren J. Jasper