* [ECOS] No host branch in my checkedout ecos tree
@ 2014-01-15 16:38 Bob Brusa
From: Bob Brusa @ 2014-01-15 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss

Hi
I work on a W7pro PC with cygwin installed. When checking out ecos with
the command:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos

I would expect the host branch to be included. But it's not. How can I
get access to the branch ecos/host/tools/configtool?

Thanks for help and best regards,
Bob

* Re: [ECOS] No host branch in my checkedout ecos tree
@ 2014-01-15 19:35 ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2014-01-15 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Brusa; +Cc: ecos discuss

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, Bob Brusa wrote:

> I work on a W7pro PC with cygwin installed. When checking out ecos
> with the command:
>
> cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos

This is to get a checkout of 'ecos' module.

> I would expect the host branch to be included. But it's not. How can I
> get access to the branch ecos/host/tools/configtool?

and to get 'host' module, type

  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host

Sergei

* Re: [ECOS] No host branch in my checkedout ecos tree
@ 2014-01-16 15:48   ` Bob Brusa
From: Bob Brusa @ 2014-01-16 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergei Gavrikov; +Cc: ecos discuss

Am 15.01.2014 19:35, schrieb Sergei Gavrikov:
> and to get 'host' module, type
>
>    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host

Hi Sergei,
the above worked - although I do not understand why it is at it is. The
above cmd - but with ecos instead of host - checks out ecos/packages,
ecos/doc and more, but not ecos/host which is on the same level as the
ones mentioned.

Anyway, following checkout of host, I proceeded by creating a directory,
starting in cygwin/opt

mkdir host
cd host

then
rwb@w500 /opt/host
$ c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure --with-tcl=c:/cygwin/lib/tcl8.5
--with-tk=c:/cygwin/lib/tk8.5
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking that a separate build tree is being used... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
configure: error: could not make ./config.status

rwb@w500 /opt/host

Can you help to get rid of this error message? Thanks and
best regards,
Robert

* Re: [ECOS] No host branch in my checkedout ecos tree
@ 2014-01-16 16:20     ` Sergei Gavrikov
       [not found]       ` <52D80F2F.90903@gmail.com>
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2014-01-16 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Brusa; +Cc: ecos discuss

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Brusa wrote:

> Am 15.01.2014 19:35, schrieb Sergei Gavrikov:
> > and to get 'host' module, type
> >
> >    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host
>
> Hi Sergei,
> the above worked - although I do not understand why it is at it is.
> The above cmd - but with ecos instead of host - checks out
> ecos/packages, ecos/doc and more, but not ecos/host which is on the
> same level as the ones mentioned.

'host' is not directory, but, name of the module

> Anyway, following checkout of host, I proceeded by creating a directory,
> starting in cygwin/opt
>
> mkdir host
> cd host

And below does not work in Cygwin?

  cd /opt
  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host

or

  cd $HOME
  ..
  ..

Check that you have set ECOS_REPOSITORY variable.

  echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY		;# What have you seen?

> $ c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure --with-tcl=c:/cygwin/lib/tcl8.5
> --with-tk=c:/cygwin/lib/tk8.5
[snip]
> c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments

Install Tcl/Tk *8.4* dev. packages.

Hope that you read README.host at least from here

  It is necessary to use a separate build tree rather than build
  directly in the source tree. This is enforced by the configure scripts.

    $ mkdir build
    $ cd build

Then try inside build directory (with no arguments)

  /opt/ecos/host/configure

Sorry, I have no chance to try the above in Cygwin. I think it has to
work, but I could miss some things like Cygwin's mangling of the paths.

Sergei

* Re: [ECOS] No host branch in my checkedout ecos tree
@ 2014-01-16 17:03       ` Bob Brusa
       [not found]       ` <52D80F2F.90903@gmail.com>
From: Bob Brusa @ 2014-01-16 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergei Gavrikov; +Cc: ecos discuss

Am 16.01.2014 16:19, schrieb Sergei Gavrikov:
 > On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Brusa wrote:
 >

 > And below does not work in Cygwin?
 >
 >    cd /opt
 >    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
 >    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host

Sure, both worked. I also understand now, that ecos and host are
modulenames. May be I was misled by the layout as shown on the web
interface of ecos-cvs. There it looks as if host is simply part of the
ecos tree. See
http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ecos/?cvsroot=ecos

 > Check that you have set ECOS_REPOSITORY variable.
 >
 >    echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY        ;# What have you seen?

This seems ok. I get:
rwb@w500 /opt
$ echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/opt/ecos

 >> $ c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure --with-tcl=c:/cygwin/lib/tcl8.5
 >> --with-tk=c:/cygwin/lib/tk8.5
 > [snip]
 >> c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
 >
 > Install Tcl/Tk *8.4* dev. packages.

Ok, I am going to test it also with tcl8.4/tk8.4 instead of tcl8.5/tk8.5

 > Hope that you read README.host at least from here
 >
 >    It is necessary to use a separate build tree rather than build
 >    directly in the source tree. This is enforced by the configure
scripts.

 >      $ mkdir build
 >      $ cd build

That's what I did - except that my new directory is named host and is in
opt (I follow method 2 outlined in README.host).
I then started the configure from within opt/host and got all these
errors at line 2990.

I knew it would not be easy, but hell, I need a working executable of
configtool. Even the most recent snapshot of configtool of 24-Apr-2012
does not work on my Windows 7 /cygwin PC.

Regards - Robert

@ 2014-01-16 17:19         ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2014-01-16 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Brusa; +Cc: ecos discuss

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Brusa wrote:

> Am 16.01.2014 16:19, schrieb Sergei Gavrikov:
> > On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Brusa wrote:
> >

> > And below does not work in Cygwin?
> >
> >    cd /opt
> >    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
> >    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host
> >
> Sure, both worked. I also understand now, that ecos and host are modulenames.
> May be I was misled by the layout (see also attachment) as shown on the web
> interface of ecos-cvs. There it looks as if host is simply part of the ecos
> tree. See http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ecos/?cvsroot=ecos

URL was sufficient, no PNG, please :-)

> > Check that you have set ECOS_REPOSITORY variable.
> >
> >    echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY		;# What have you seen?
> >
> This seems ok. I get:
> rwb@w500 /opt
> $ echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin/opt/ecos

Nope! It must be <cygwin_abs_path_name>/ecos/packages
                                             ^^^^^^^^
> > > $ c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure --with-tcl=c:/cygwin/lib/tcl8.5
> > > --with-tk=c:/cygwin/lib/tk8.5
> > [snip]
> > > c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
> >
> > Install Tcl/Tk *8.4* dev. packages.
>
> Ok, I am going to test it also with tcl8.4/tk8.4 instead of tcl8.5/tk8.5

AFAIR, eCos configure checks Tcl/Tk version and expects Tcl/Tk 8.4.

> > Hope that you read README.host at least from here
> >
> >    It is necessary to use a separate build tree rather than build
> >    directly in the source tree. This is enforced by the configure scripts.
> >
> >      $ mkdir build
> >      $ cd build
> >

> That's what I did - except that my new directory is named host and is
> in opt (I follow method 2 outlined in README.host).  I then started
> the configure from within opt/host and got all these errors at line
> 2990. I knew it would not be easy, but hell, I need a working

Use some kind of paste-bin and paste config.log there.

> executable of configtool. The one of 24-Apr-2012 does not work on my
> Windows 7 /cygwin PC.

I afraid that you won't get GUI (configtool), first thing to get is CLI
(ecosconfig). IMO, more bloodless way to get working configtool is to
install Linux on Virtual Machine (virtualbox/vmware).

Sergei