* [ECOS] Network debuggers & diag_printf
@ 2008-07-04 15:34 Eduardo Sabaj
       [not found] ` <d13da2ba633b28b884ee23cf940239ad@tepkom.ru>
From: Eduardo Sabaj @ 2008-07-04 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, Eduardo Salvador Sabaj

I would like to disable the following debuggers related to the net. I
imagine that it may be a simple thing, but I did't work out how to do it...

[cyg_net_init] Init: mbinit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_init_devs(0x00000000)
Init device 'r6040_eth0'
[cyg_net_init] Init: loopattach(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: ifinit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: domaininit(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x0019e1a0)
New domain internet at 0x00000000
[cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x0019da40)
New domain route at 0x00000000
[cyg_net_init] Init: call_route_init(0x00000000)
[cyg_net_init] Done
BOOTP[eth0] op: REPLY
       htype: Ethernet
        hlen: 6
        hops: 0
         xid: 0x0
        secs: 0
       flags: 0x0
       hw_addr: 00:1b:eb:74:00:dd
     client IP: 192.0.2.235
         my IP: 192.0.2.235
     server IP: 192.0.110.232
    gateway IP: 192.0.110.232
        subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
       IP broadcast: 192.0.255.255
            gateway: 192.0.110.232

I would also like to know how diag_printf works, since some (or all) of
the debuggers listed above were printed by using this function. Could it
be disabled by configtool?

By the way, I've already unchecked the following MACROS on configtool:

- CYGDBG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS_DEBUG
- CYGPKG_NET_DEBUG

I unchecked also:

- I/O sub-system -> Common ethernet support -> RDC R6040 ethernet driver
-> Print ethernet device status info during startup
- I/O sub-system -> Serial device drivers -> TTY-mode serial device
drivers -> Console device name -> "/dev/null"

Any idea??

Best Regards
Eduardo

--

Ing. Eduardo Salvador Sabaj
Analista de Desarrollo

Compañía Hasar | Grupo Hasar*
*Marcos Sastre y José Ingenieros
El Talar. Pacheco
[B1618CSD] Buenos Aires. Argentina
Tel [54 11] 4117 8900 | Fax [54 11] 4117 8998
E-mail: esabaj@hasar.com
Visítenos en: www.hasar.com
<http://www.hasar.com>Información legal y política de confidencialidad:
www.grupohasar.com/disclaimer <http://www.grupohasar.com/disclaimer>

* Re: [ECOS] Network debuggers & diag_printf
       [not found] ` <d13da2ba633b28b884ee23cf940239ad@tepkom.ru>
@ 2008-07-04 17:59   ` Eduardo Sabaj
       [not found]     ` <be72a610807041106w72034b70n8fd5e7fc27b04964@mail.gmail.com>
From: Eduardo Sabaj @ 2008-07-04 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Baboshin, ecos-discuss

Thank you Andrey for your mail.. I could disable some but not all of the
debuggers. Now I have the following information that is coming out from
the serial port (COM1):

BOOTP[eth0] op: REPLY
      htype: Ethernet
       hlen: 6
       hops: 0
        xid: 0x0
       secs: 0
      flags: 0x0
      hw_addr: 00:1b:eb:74:00:dd
    client IP: 192.0.2.235
        my IP: 192.0.2.235
    server IP: 192.0.110.232
   gateway IP: 192.0.110.232
       subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
      IP broadcast: 192.0.255.255
           gateway: 192.0.110.232

These lines are printed using diag_printf () in module bootp_support.c,
function show_bootp(). Instead of commenting the code I would like to
know if there is a way to disable the diag_printf () function, at least
for the code related to the network settings.

Any idea?

Regards
Eduardo

--

@ 2008-07-04 18:19     ` Rob Duncan
       [not found]     ` <be72a610807041106w72034b70n8fd5e7fc27b04964@mail.gmail.com>
From: Rob Duncan @ 2008-07-04 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Eduardo,

On 7/4/08, Eduardo Sabaj <esabaj@hasar.com> wrote:
>  BOOTP[eth0] op: REPLY
>      htype: Ethernet
>       hlen: 6
>       hops: 0
>        xid: 0x0
>       secs: 0
>      flags: 0x0
>      hw_addr: 00:1b:eb:74:00:dd
>    client IP: 192.0.2.235
>        my IP: 192.0.2.235
>    server IP: 192.0.110.232
>   gateway IP: 192.0.110.232
>       subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
>      IP broadcast: 192.0.255.255
>           gateway: 192.0.110.232
>
>  These lines are printed using diag_printf () in module bootp_support.c,
> function show_bootp(). Instead of commenting the code I would like to know
> if there is a way to disable the diag_printf () function, at least for the
> code related to the network settings.

Try setting the CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP_SHOW option to 0.

Rob.

@ 2008-07-04 19:28       ` Eduardo Sabaj
From: Eduardo Sabaj @ 2008-07-04 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Duncan; +Cc: Andrey Baboshin, ecos-discuss

Hi Rob, I tried what you suggested but I had no success...
Any other idea?
Regards
Eduardo

@ 2008-07-04 21:41         ` Rob Duncan
From: Rob Duncan @ 2008-07-04 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Sabaj; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Eduardo,

On 7/4/08, Eduardo Sabaj <esabaj@hasar.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob, I tried what you suggested but I had no success...
>  Any other idea?

Did you regenerate the headers with "ecosconfig tree" after setting
the option?  You can check by looking in install/include/pkgconf/net.h
 By default the CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP_SHOW symbol is defined
there, but if you set the option to 0 and regenerate the tree it will
be omitted.

Rob.