On Dec 19, 2007 3:17 PM, Andrew Lunn wrote: > > + cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_TFTPD_CLIENT_GET_PACKETSIZE { > > + display "TFTP protocol allows negotiation of bigger packets. > > + Requires server which supports RFC 2348 blksize negotiation." > > + flavor data > > + default_value 512 > > + legal_values 512 to 65464 > > + description " > > + tftp blksize egotiation support. >512 byte block sizes improves > > + tftp GET performance" > > + } > > The display should be kept to one line maximum. Put all the rest on > the description lines. You should also say that the default value of > 512 causes this to be disabled. It might even be better to change the > flavor of this to booldata, so it can be enabled/disabled and the > value set. It then makes your code cleaner. I fought w/booldata for a bit, but couldn't make sense of it. > > + // try without negotiating packet size. The serves that do > > + // not support options negotiation would normally just ignore > > + // the options and thus this code path will probably never be > > + // executed > > I took a very quick look at RFC 1350. I don't see it defining what to > do when the RRQ has extra parameters. It does not say they should be > ignored. So sending back an error is acceptable. That means i don't > like this comment. Comment fixed. I tried w/two different servers. The one without options negotiation just ignored the options, so I haven't exercised the error code path. > Andrew > > Better? -- Øyvind Harboe http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA developer kit