* Re: [ECOS] How can we fix MBUF problem on old 1.3.1 code base
@ 2000-09-19 16:11 AshCan
From: AshCan @ 2000-09-19 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Jonathon,

thanks for those fixes.  The out of MBUF crashes are
gone, but ofcourse I start gagging (playing network
audio) instead.  I guess I need to pause playback to
let the network catch up.  My code lets me push a button to close and reopen the socket and it is happy
again.

What should the proper way to handle the condition.  I
can set a semaphore that my network thread tests for,
but at that point, what do I do when the semaphore is
set?

Would increasing the number of MBUFs help?  It looks
like I only have 16 total.

thanks,

Dan Ash

* [ECOS] How can we fix MBUF problem on old 1.3.1 code base
@ 2000-09-18 17:34 AshCan
From: AshCan @ 2000-09-18 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

We are avoiding rebuilding the new anonymous CVS code base.  Therefore, we want to fix the existing network stack and driver code to eliminate "Out of MBUF" panics.

We have MBUF problems both when:

1) when sending thousands of packets using multiple, concurrent ping commands.

2) When staying connected to a single socket and moving long audio data streams through the socket.

Are there are few simple fixes to the 1.3.1 code base to fix the out of MBUFs panic?  What are they?

thanks,

Dan Ash
SonicBox