* [ECOS] Running redboot/ecos on OMAP5912 OSK
@ 2007-07-15 11:19 yasser Nour El-Din
From: yasser Nour El-Din @ 2007-07-15 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi all,

I have an OMAP5912 OSK Version D board and i got a patch and OSK
related folders and i successfully build redboot with serial I/O
enabled.

I have now built redboot.bin and i tried to burn it on flash (using
flash utility program used to burn U-Boot) then  reset but it didn't
give any output on minicom terminal.

Does any thing must be changed in mlt_osk5912_rom.ldi.

If any body have working OSK source files to add to my ecos packages
please send it to me and  i will be very thankfull for him.

Thanks in advance
Yasser Nour

* Re: [ECOS] Running redboot/ecos on OMAP5912 OSK
@ 2007-07-16 13:11 ` Patrick Doyle
       [not found]   ` <3fa821200707180322t7d8b8b49pe1987c1d3e545292@mail.gmail.com>
From: Patrick Doyle @ 2007-07-16 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yasser Nour El-Din; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 7/15/07, yasser Nour El-Din <yassernour84@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have an OMAP5912 OSK Version D board and i got a patch and OSK
> related folders and i successfully build redboot with serial I/O
> enabled.
>
> I have now built redboot.bin and i tried to burn it on flash (using
> flash utility program used to burn U-Boot) then  reset but it didn't
> give any output on minicom terminal.
Hello Yasser,
I never tried loading the redboot with the flash utility program --
I've loaded onto OMAP5912 based boards using the built in serial
bootloader.  It's been ages since I used an OSK5912, but there should
be a DIP switch you can set to enable the on board bootloader.  I can
send you some Python scripts I use to load code on OMAP5912's, but if
you're not familiar with Python, it might be overwhelming.

If you have (and are familiar) with a TI emulator, what you can do is
to build an "SRAM" version of RedBoot -- this is a version that has
been designed to run from the 250kBytes of internal SRAM inside the
'5912.  Once that is running, you can use it to erase the flash,
format the flash, and download the ROM (flash) version of RedBoot.

--wpd

@ 2007-07-18 13:06     ` Patrick Doyle
From: Patrick Doyle @ 2007-07-18 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yasser Nour El-Din, eCos Discuss

Hello Yasser,
Please continue posting to the list so that everybody can benefit when
I say, "Sorry, I can't help you."  :-) Or, perhaps, K-C Lee will see
your post and offer some suggestions.

On 7/18/07, yasser Nour El-Din <yassernour84@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello patrik,
>
> I have succeeded to put redboot in flash using the flash utility
> program, the problem that i didn't enable diag TTY serial device on
> the configuration.
Great!

> No i want to enable ethernet on redBoot, i read  your message:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2006-02/msg00300.html
>
> and make sure that this line in hal_mmu_init() exists.
>
> And i add the next packages:
>     package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_SMSC_LAN91CXX current ;
>     package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_OSK5912 current ;
>     package CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS current ;
>
> The CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_OSK5912  package is the folder of innovator
> ethernet package but move it to devs/eth/arm/osk5912 i changed each
> innovator to OSK5912 in cdl and inl files.
>
> Also i changed the base address in inl file to 0x04800000.
>
> But when i try it, it give me "No network interfaces found" in redboot
> startup message.
>
> I attached the devs_eth_osk5912.inl
>
> Thanks for you help
> Yasser Nour

I never tried to get the ethernet working on the OSK, so I'm afraid I
can't help much here.  Perhaps the somebody else on the list has
gotten it working.  In lieu of that, I would suggest the judicious
application of calls to diag_print(), to see if the initialization
code for the ethernet driver is even being called, and, if it is, what
it is not finding to its liking.

--wpd