* RE: [ECOS]  Re: init_all_network_interfaces() problem?
@ 2008-07-02  6:04 Yong Chen Tan
From: Yong Chen Tan @ 2008-07-02  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

> To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
> From: grante@visi.com
> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:36:08 +0000
> Subject: [ECOS] Re: init_all_network_interfaces() problem?
>
> On 2008-07-01, Yong Chen Tan  wrote:
>
>> Sorry my knowledge on this area is very limited... By the way,
>> I really managed to run the webserver using Redboot.
>
> You may have used RedBoot to start an eCos application that was
> running the web server.
>
>> I did create and start the thread running the web server as it
>> was my only thread in the program. Btw how can I enable the
>> debug/trace output?
>
> Look at the source for defaultTraceHandler(). I don't know
> what yours looks like, but mine looks like this:
>
> void defaultTraceHandler(int level, char_t * buf)
> {
> if (buf && level <= GOAHEAD_TRACE_LEVEL)
> diag_printf('%s', buf);
> }
>
> In my code, the setting of GOAHEAD_TRACE_LEVEL determines the
> amount of debug output.
>
> If turning up the trace level, doesn't show you the problem,
> then adding a few diag_printf() calls can tell you a lot.
>
> You have debugged C programs before, haven't you?
>
>> Is there any documentations on these?
>
> Dunno. There's source code.

Hi there, my defaultTraceHandler() is also the same as yours.. Sorry to trouble you again but I have never done this type of debugging before. Is it possible to show some sample codes on how the debugging is done? Like where should I put this method for debugging and what does you mean by adding diag_printf()? Im really quite loss at the moment. Hope you can help

* [ECOS]  Re: init_all_network_interfaces() problem?
@ 2008-07-02 13:39 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2008-07-02 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2008-07-02, Yong Chen Tan <oricon776@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sorry my knowledge on this area is very limited... By the way,
>>> I really managed to run the webserver using Redboot.
>>
>> You may have used RedBoot to start an eCos application that
>> was running the web server.
>>
>>> I did create and start the thread running the web server as it
>>> was my only thread in the program. Btw how can I enable the
>>> debug/trace output?
>>
>> Look at the source for defaultTraceHandler(). I don't know
>> what yours looks like, but mine looks like this:
>>
>> void defaultTraceHandler(int level, char_t * buf)
>> {
>> if (buf && level <= GOAHEAD_TRACE_LEVEL)
>> diag_printf('%s', buf);
>> }
>>
>> In my code, the setting of GOAHEAD_TRACE_LEVEL determines the
>> amount of debug output.
>>
>> If turning up the trace level, doesn't show you the problem,
>> then adding a few diag_printf() calls can tell you a lot.
>>
>> You have debugged C programs before, haven't you?
>>
>>> Is there any documentations on these?
>>
>> Dunno. There's source code.
>>

> Hi there, my defaultTraceHandler() is also the same as yours..
> Sorry to trouble you again but I have never done this type of
> debugging before. Is it possible to show some sample codes on
> how the debugging is done? Like where should I put this method
> for debugging and what does you mean by adding diag_printf()?
> Im really quite loss at the moment. Hope you can help

I'm sorry, but it sounds to me like you're hopelessly over your
head.  Without basic C programming and debugging skills and
basic embedded system development skills, no amount of mailing
list postings is going help much.  I think you need to take
some introductory classes on C programming and software
development for embedded microprocessors.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Make me look like
                                  at               LINDA RONSTADT again!!

* [ECOS]  Re: init_all_network_interfaces() problem?
@ 2008-07-01 15:37 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2008-07-01 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2008-07-01, Yong Chen Tan <oricon776@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry my knowledge on this area is very limited... By the way,
> I really managed to run the webserver using Redboot.

You may have used RedBoot to start an eCos application that was
running the web server.

> I did create and start the thread running the web server as it
> was my only thread in the program. Btw how can I enable the
> debug/trace output?

Look at the source for defaultTraceHandler().  I don't know
what yours looks like, but mine looks like this:

void defaultTraceHandler(int level, char_t * buf)
{
  if (buf && level <= GOAHEAD_TRACE_LEVEL)
    diag_printf("%s", buf);
}

In my code, the setting of GOAHEAD_TRACE_LEVEL determines the
amount of debug output.

If turning up the trace level, doesn't show you the problem,
then adding a few diag_printf() calls can tell you a lot.

You have debugged C programs before, haven't you?

> Is there any documentations on these?

Dunno.  There's source code.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm receiving a coded
                                  at               message from EUBIE BLAKE!!

* RE: [ECOS]  Re: init_all_network_interfaces() problem?
@ 2008-07-01 14:20 Yong Chen Tan
From: Yong Chen Tan @ 2008-07-01 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

@ 2008-07-01 14:14 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2008-07-01 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2008-07-01, Yong Chen Tan <oricon776@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to run GoAhead WebServer using eCos with
> AT91RM9200 Development Board. When I tried to run the
> WebServer in Redboot, everything was working well.

I have a hard time believing that.  GoAhead requires BSD TCP/IP
stack semantics (included select and fdset).  RedBoot provides
none of that.

> My WebServer is just some simple .html webpages.  However, I
> meet with some problems when running the GoAhead WebServer
> when I start to incoperate some of my codes into the existing
> WebServer source code. For example, I just change the source
> code to be run by thread instead of running by the main().

Did you remember to create and start the thread that was
running the web server.  You should enable debug/trace output
in the web server.  Then you might be able to tell what's
wrong.

> The compiling was ok, just that when I tried to load the
> webpages, it always gives me timeout.  So I am actually
> thinking could it be the make file problem or its the GoAhead
> WebServer that might be the problem

It's neither the makefile nor GoAhead that's the problem.  It's
your code that's the problem.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I had a lease on an
                                  at               OEDIPUS COMPLEX back in