* [ECOS] please suggest alternate way to boot i386 target
@ 2011-12-05  7:07 abhishek srivastava
From: abhishek srivastava @ 2011-12-05  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss

hi all
i need to boot my target (i386 vmware) with redboot, but i do not have floppy drive with me.
i their any other easier alternate to boot my target with redboot prompt??
i had tried enough with floppy but not successful.could not convert .bin format to .flp format so that i could use that in vmware.
had converted in .img format bot could not see redboot prompt on target.

please suggest any alternate way to boot target with redboot, other than floppy and also tell the procedure to do so (some documentation please)

thank you

Abhishek

* [ECOS] Re: please suggest alternate way to boot i386 target
@ 2011-12-05 15:27 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2011-12-05 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2011-12-05, abhishek srivastava <just_abhi22@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> i need to boot my target (i386 vmware) with redboot, but i do not
> have floppy drive with me.

I use Qemu rather than vmware, but if you want to see how to build a
bootable RedBoot CD, you can look at the runit.sh script:

  www.panix.com/~grante/eCos-on-QEMU.html

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I don't understand
                                  at               the HUMOUR of the THREE

* [ECOS] Re: please suggest alternate way to boot i386 target
@ 2011-12-07  2:02 Kingkong_Li
From: Kingkong_Li @ 2011-12-07  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

   收件人: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com

     主题: Re: please suggest alternate way to boot i386 target

On 2011-12-05, abhishek srivastava <just_abhi22@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> i need to boot my target (i386 vmware) with redboot, but i do not
> have floppy drive with me.

I have boot i386vmware with redboot, I use VMware6.5,  just use the *.bin
file without to change the format.)
The detail will be wite on
http://blog.csdn.net/kingkong529/article/details/7048598   .