* [ECOS] EB40A: Changing ecos/redboot startup address
@ 2003-11-16 12:16 Shiv Subramaniam
From: Shiv Subramaniam @ 2003-11-16 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
    As of now redbootcode resides at location
0x1100000. Is there any configuration that can change
this location to the start of Flash.

Thanks,
Shiv

* Re: [ECOS] EB40A: Changing ecos/redboot startup address
@ 2003-11-16 15:02 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2003-11-16 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiv Subramaniam; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Shiv Subramaniam <smaniam@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>     As of now redbootcode resides at location
> 0x1100000. Is there any configuration that can change
> this location to the start of Flash.

The RedBoot image is linked to run at 0x01000000, the start of flash.

Don't confuse the location at which RedBoot must be programmed with
the location at which is is run. JP1 maps the top half of flash, at
0x01100000 to 0x01000000 when in the USER position. We put RedBoot in
the top half so that Angel can be retained in the bottom half.

This is all explained in the RedBoot documentation and in the EB40A
documentation. I suggest you read that.