From: Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com>
To: "Rubén Pérez de Aranda Alonso" <rperez@sidsa.es>
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Execution of constructors in at91
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:07:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Rubén Pérez de Aranda Alonso <rperez@sidsa.es> writes:

> Hello,

> I am working with the at91 eb40 porting of eCOS to develop another
> port for a prototype based on the same microcontroller. I now use
> the EmbeddedIce pod to debug the eCOS and execute the tests of the
> different parts and layers, but I would like use the Redboot and its
> GDB stub because it allows me write the falsh chips and the
> comunication with the host is faster.  I have installed a redboot
> image in flash. With the load command in GDB I upload the
> application in the RAM memory that has been compiled to be executed
> in RAM and with a ROM monitor. The problem is when the eCOS startup
> code calls to the cyg_hal_invoke_constructors() function. This
> function uses the symbols allocated by the linker, __CTOR_LIST__ and
> __CTOR_END__, to know the address of the constructors belonging to
> *.ctors binary sections of the different object files. The function
> calls to these constructors without verify if the function pointer
> points to NULL, so the pc register branch to the 0x0 address and
> execute the reset vector.

There should not be NULL pointers in the constructor table. So the
thing to do is find out why they are there. Make sure you have not
corrupted the linker script in some way. Also, add the option
"-Wl,-Map,map" to the linker options, take a look at the map file
produced and see where the sections being added to the constructor
table are coming from.