* [ECOS] dynamic load
@ 2004-07-22  7:12 Scherer Balazs
From: Scherer Balazs @ 2004-07-22  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I have read about a dynamic loader package for eCos in Anthony J. Massa's
book.

It is located in the services\loader directory. It is there, but I was
unable to find any documentation about its features. I after reading the
readme file in the services\loader directory it seems, that this feture is
not 100%.

Anybody got experiences with this package?

Thanks: Balazs

* Re: [ECOS] dynamic load
@ 2004-07-22  9:33 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2004-07-22  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scherer Balazs; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Scherer Balazs <scherer@mit.bme.hu> writes:

> I have read about a dynamic loader package for eCos in Anthony J. Massa's
> book.
>
> It is located in the services\loader directory. It is there, but I was
> unable to find any documentation about its features. I after reading the
> readme file in the services\loader directory it seems, that this feture is
> not 100%.
>
> Anybody got experiences with this package?

If you have read the readme file you will know that the effort was
largely abandoned due to problems with toolchains. Basically, the
toolchains we use for embedded work do not have the dynamic linkage
options enabled, and building the toolchains with dynamic support have
other knock-on effects that would require major rewrites of several
eCos HALs.