* [ECOS] using SPI-support of eCOS for the AT91SAM7X
@ 2008-09-05  9:33 Robert Brusa
From: Robert Brusa @ 2008-09-05  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
My board has a DS3234 serial Real Time Clock connected to its sip0-bus.
 From the documentation (ecos-ref-a4.pdf) I concluded that using
cyg_spi_transer would cover all my requirements. But there is a problem:
The first argument of this function is a pointer to a type cyg_spi_device.
I could find nowhere an explanation on how to set up (or get acces to)
such a structure. Who could provide a few lines of code to show how it is
done? Thanks
   Robert

* Re: [ECOS] using SPI-support of eCOS for the AT91SAM7X
@ 2008-09-05  9:41 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2008-09-05  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Brusa; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:35:00AM +0200, Robert Brusa wrote:
> Hi
> My board has a DS3234 serial Real Time Clock connected to its sip0-bus.
> From the documentation (ecos-ref-a4.pdf) I concluded that using
> cyg_spi_transer would cover all my requirements. But there is a problem:
> The first argument of this function is a pointer to a type
> cyg_spi_device. I could find nowhere an explanation on how to set up (or
> get acces to) such a structure. Who could provide a few lines of code to
> show how it is done? Thanks

Does you target board have SPI support?

Take a look at the end of devs/spi/arm/eb55/current/src/spi_eb55.c

This defines an SPI device for the Atmel AT45DB321B DataFlash
connected to the SPI bus on an EB55 development board. You need
something similar for your DS3234.

          Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] using SPI-support of eCOS for the AT91SAM7X
@ 2008-09-10 14:32   ` Robert Brusa
From: Robert Brusa @ 2008-09-10 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:41:12 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:35:00AM +0200, Robert Brusa wrote:
>> Hi
>> My board has a DS3234 serial Real Time Clock connected to its sip0-bus.
>> From the documentation (ecos-ref-a4.pdf) I concluded that using
>> cyg_spi_transer would cover all my requirements. But there is a problem:
>> The first argument of this function is a pointer to a type
>> cyg_spi_device. I could find nowhere an explanation on how to set up (or
>> get acces to) such a structure. Who could provide a few lines of code to
>> show how it is done? Thanks
>
> Does you target board have SPI support?
>
> Take a look at the end of devs/spi/arm/eb55/current/src/spi_eb55.c
>
> This defines an SPI device for the Atmel AT45DB321B DataFlash
> connected to the SPI bus on an EB55 development board. You need
> something similar for your DS3234.
>
>           Andrew

It helped. The bus is now working as intended - as I can see using the
logic analyser. The data read from the RTC are still rubbish, but agree
perfectly with what I see with the LA. It seems my protoboard has some
hardware problem. But this is another story.... Thank you for your help.
             Robert