From: Robert Brusa <bob.brusa@gmail.com>
To: "Andrew Lunn" <andrew@lunn.ch>, "Robert Brusa" <bob.brusa@gmail.com>
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Fwd: AT91SAM7X-EK with TC/IP - unresolved conflicts
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:22:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:41:20 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 10:11:11AM +0200, Robert Brusa wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:36:43 +0200, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
>>

>>> I never said that. I just said the FreeBSD stack will not work. The
>>> lwip stack has been shown to work on the AT91SAM7X. Go google lwip.
>>>
>> running through ecosconfig new at91sam7xek lwip_eth
>> etc. seems to work. But when I try to build my previously working
>> projects, flash support is no longer available and the cor. calls
>> produce
>> errors (e. g. a call to flash_program)
>
> So you probably need to add the flash package.

I did - and more - see below

>> On the other hand, when attempting to configure the same thing using
>> configtool, there are 5 conflicts the tool is not able to resolve. From
>> first look at the ecc-file, it seems to be a problem that somewhere a
>> restriction for the AT91SAM7S is required. Any adice how to overcome
>> this
>> hurdle?
>
> No, not without you giving us the details...

Meanwhile I have tried a lot, but was not able to produce a working eCOS
with TCP/IP. Finally I succeeded in producing a version free of conflicts.
I have put the files I am referencing in the next lines on the web at
www.brusag.ch/xyz

script used to generate eCOS: ecosconfig.sh
copy of command line to invoke the script (with redirection of output)
terminal.txt
the output o the script: config.log
the ecc-file: ecos.ecc
a test program: tracker.c

As one can see in terminal.txt and config.log, there is a problem when
generating the tests. I decided to ignore this and make a test with a
small user program tracker.c. The program does not use TCP/IP and (under
this configuration) it behaves strangly. I then found out that when
running thread_0 the stackpointer points to nirwana!

Any help to generate a working configuration for my Eval-Kit that support
TCP/IP is highly appreciated. Thanks.
   Robert

>> I am talking about RFC 1831 (which is the successor of 1057). I have
>> built a small example using Suns rpcgen-tool and it worked fine using
>> two
>> linux-PCs linked by ethernet. Now the next step would be to port the
>> serverapp to my AT91SAM7X target. The 2nd step then would be to "expand"
>> this little server app to handle the routines my app requires - by hand
>> or using e. g. rpcgen-produced templates. Is this a realistic scenario?
>>    Robert
>
> I've never used these tools, so it is hard to say. What libraries do
> you need? How dependent are these on having true BSD sockets? The lwip
> stack has something like BSD sockets, but it is not true BSD
> sockets. You might run into problems when porting the RPC libraries
> etc.
>
>         Andrew
Well, given the present status, RPC is only a dream...