* [ECOS]redboot fconfig -i command
@ 2009-03-26 18:21 Robert Brusa
From: Robert Brusa @ 2009-03-26 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
I have built a redboot for my AT91SAM7X-based board. I specified a default
startup script and it works. It is also possible to download a program.
What's not working is the fconfig -i command. When starting up, redboot
reports:

FIS directory doesn't fit
**Warning** FLASH configuration checksum error or invalid key
Use 'fconfig -i' to [re]initialize database

But when I do just that, I get an error as follows:

RedBoot> fconfig -i
Initialize non-volatile configuration - continue (y/n)? y
Run script at boot: true
Boot script:
Enter script, terminate with empty line
>> go 0x120040

Boot script timeout (1000ms resolution): 1000
Console baud rate: 38400
Update RedBoot non-volatile configuration - continue (y/n)? y
... Erase from 0x0013ff00-0x0013ffff: .
Error erasing FIS directory at 0x0020ea7b: Invalid FLASH address

I do not understand this message. The address shown above is RAM - not
flash????
I also have noticed that following use of redboot, some parts of the flash
are locked - although I disabled the macro CYGBLD_DEV_FLASH_AT91_LOCKING
in configtool. Does anyone know something about this kind of problems. I
would like to be able to change the run script at a later date - just in
case the downloaded program would need it. Thanks
   Robert

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-03-26 16:52 UTC | newest]