* RE: [ECOS] Serial tests fail on ARM AEB
@ 2000-06-22  3:37 Anders Holmberg (QMW)
From: Anders Holmberg (QMW) @ 2000-06-22  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jesper Skov'; +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

I cannot find the CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES option in the config tool. Did you mean the CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL option? This is not changeable (?). If you mean the CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB it has been activated.

/Anders H

From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-06-22  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Holmberg (QMW); +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Anders> I cannot find the CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES option in the
Anders> config tool. Did you mean the CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL option? This is
Anders> not changeable (?). If you mean the CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB
Anders> it has been activated.  /Anders H

Sorry, I was thinking of the changes happening after 1.3.1.

But did you also enable CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB_SERIAL1?

Jesper

* RE: [ECOS] Serial tests fail on ARM AEB
       [not found] <218E0A05F1A3D311B83F00508B6FAB814F8073@esemont200.gbg.edt.ericsson.se>
@ 2000-06-22  5:13 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-06-22  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Holmberg (QMW); +Cc: ecos-discuss

Anders> Yes, I have made the following changes to the ARM AEB default
Anders> template.  CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_AEB_REVISION C
Anders> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB Enabled
Anders> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AEB_SERIAL1 Enabled

Sorry, no further suggestions. It may be just plain broken.

Have a look at the pre-processed version of aeb_serial.c
(io/devs/serial/.../src/arm), you may be able to spot why it's broken.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] Serial tests fail on ARM AEB
@ 2000-06-22  2:04 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-06-22  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Holmberg (QMW); +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

@ 2000-06-22  1:15 Anders Holmberg (QMW)
From: Anders Holmberg (QMW) @ 2000-06-22  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Hi,

I am having problems running the serial tests on my ARM AEB revision C board. When serial2.exe is executed I receive the following message:

  FAIL:<Can't lookup /dev/ser1> Line: 1118, File: //C/ecos/packages/io/serial/v1_3_1/tests/ser_test_protocol.inl
  EXIT:<done>

I am using eCos 1.3.1 and have only made the following changes to the ARM AEB default template:
  - AEB board revision = C
  - Activate AEB serial port 0 and 1

When I look a bit closer using gdb it seems like there is no devices installed at all (__DEVTAB__ and __DEVTAB_END__ points to the same address in space, see below).

  (gdb) info address __DEVTAB__
  Symbol "__DEVTAB__" is at 0x120f8 in a file compiled without debugging.
  (gdb) info address __DEVTAB_END__
  Symbol "__DEVTAB_END__" is at 0x120f8 in a file compiled without debugging.

and the variables aeb_serial_io0 and aeb_serial_io1 are undefined. This of course makes the function cyg_io_lookup fail which in the end gives me the error message above.

Environment
- WinNT
- Cygwin 1.1.2
- eCos 1.3.1