* [ECOS] [RedBoot] Install probs
@ 2001-08-10  2:24 Stijn Symons
From: Stijn Symons @ 2001-08-10  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

We're trying to install eCos on our iPAQ, but but we can't get RedBoot
to load anything onto the iPAQ.

We've tried with the serial connection, given the load command as in the

"iPAQ RedBoot, eCos and Embedded Linux Demonstration" documentation from
the RedHat site but Hyperterminal won't send the ecosromfs.gz file and
the iPAQ doesn't receive. We only get a "CCCCCCC........... Can't load '
' : Timed out" output, Hyperterminal gives the same timed out response.

RedBoot isn't permanently in the Flash, could this be the problem? Or
has somebody struck onto the same problem?

thanks,

stijn

* Re: [ECOS] [RedBoot] Install probs
@ 2001-08-10  2:54 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-08-10  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stijn Symons; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Stijn> ...documentation from the RedHat site but Hyperterminal won't send
Stijn> the ecosromfs.gz file...

This is the problem. If the terminal program does not send the data,
how can RedBoot be expected to receive it? :)

Sorry, I can't help you figuring out how to get Hyperterminal working.

Jesper