* [ECOS] porting eCos onto Samsung SNDS100
@ 2000-08-08  7:51 rudra pratap chaudhury
From: rudra pratap chaudhury @ 2000-08-08  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Sir,
  I am trying to port eCos onto Samsung SNDS100 board(which is not currently supported by ecos). I understand that I have to make changes/rewrite in the platform specific files. I waslooking at the package specific cdl file for arm-pid for reference. I came accross several 'make' options pertaining to cdl_options for:
CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS
CYGBLD_BUILD_FLASH_TOOL
 CYGBLD_BUILD_FLASH_TOOL_BE
and each of these were demanding .img/ .bin files to be fetched from platform specific directories under the 'loaders' directory. Are there any sources of these files and where are they located.??
How to build these files?

What is the outcome of this make operation? I have investigated the cdl files of a few other supported packages as well. The cdl_options for them are not completely analogous. How do I determine which options are required for my platform?

Kindly respond at the earliest.
Regards and Thanks
--Rudra

Get your own free England E-mail address at http://www.england.com

* Re: [ECOS] porting eCos onto Samsung SNDS100
@ 2000-08-09  0:06 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-08-09  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rudra; +Cc: ecos-discuss

rudra> Sir, I am trying to port eCos onto Samsung SNDS100 board(which
rudra> is not currently supported by ecos). I understand that I have
rudra> to make changes/rewrite in the platform specific files. I
rudra> waslooking at the package specific cdl file for arm-pid for
rudra> reference. I came accross several 'make' options pertaining to
rudra> cdl_options for: CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS CYGBLD_BUILD_FLASH_TOOL
rudra> CYGBLD_BUILD_FLASH_TOOL_BE and each of these were demanding
rudra> .img/ .bin files to be fetched from platform specific
rudra> directories under the 'loaders' directory. Are there any

No they do not. Those rules build the files - in the binary
distribution they get copied _to_ the loaders directory.

rudra> sources of these files and where are they located.??  How to
rudra> build these files?

When you enable the options and run make, the files will be built and
installed in ./install/bin.

rudra> What is the outcome of this make operation? I have investigated
rudra> the cdl files of a few other supported packages as well. The
rudra> cdl_options for them are not completely analogous. How do I
rudra> determine which options are required for my platform?

You only need CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS (which builds GDB stubs for the
target). The other options build tools used for programming the GDB
stubs image into the flash on the PID board.

Jesper