* [ECOS] 68k simulator
@ 2000-06-07  0:46 Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-06-07  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

People talking about writing 68k support may want to have a look at
this sim. I have no idea of how close to being usable it is - but if
the Sharp part has embedded controller stuff like the (IIRC) Phillips
68070 it may be worth using for the porting effort eCos.

Come to think of it, there's also the UAE - the Amiga emulator. It
would also have a m68k simulator which supports supervisor states.

And there might be other m68k sims (maybe even shipped with GDB?)

Jesper

  subject: Virtual X68000 1.1.0.20000603
 added by: kaz-s on Jun 06th 2000, 00:49
  license: GPL
 category: X11/Emulators

 homepage: http://freshmeat.net/redir/homepage/929061876/
 download: http://freshmeat.net/redir/download/929061876/
changelog: http://freshmeat.net/redir/changelog/929061876/

Virtual X68000 is an emulator of Sharp X68000 and its operating
environment. It will eventually run application programs for X68000
without any proprietary software including ROM BIOS, but currently
lacks many key functions and is still in early development phase.
Virtual X68000 is written in C++, and uses templates to implement
instruction handlers.

changes:
More instructions and IOCS functions are added. Booting from a FD image
is implemented. It has many internal changes, too.

* Re: [ECOS] 68k simulator
@ 2000-06-28 23:14 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-06-28 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Jesper> People talking about writing 68k support may want to have a
Jesper> look at this sim. I have no idea of how close to being usable
Jesper> it is - but if the Sharp part has embedded controller stuff
Jesper> like the (IIRC) Phillips 68070 it may be worth using for the
Jesper> porting effort eCos.

Jesper> Come to think of it, there's also the UAE - the Amiga
Jesper> emulator. It would also have a m68k simulator which supports
Jesper> supervisor states.

Just got a few pointers on this from one of my childhood heros, Jason
Molenda :0)

jason> You wrote
jason> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2000-06/msg00082.html
jason> a few weeks ago, pointing out a 68k simulator.
jason>
jason> I think a far better one would be the simulator in UAE, the
jason> amiga emulator that was written by Bernd Schmidt [wow! another
jason> Cy^H^HRed Hat dude!].  I talked with Bernd about how usable his
jason> simulator would be for something like gdb, and he said it'd
jason> work just fine, and the licensing on it was good, too.  It was
jason> just a matter of someone doing the work to patch it in to the
jason> sim directory.
jason>
jason> 	       http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~uae/
jason>
jason> The simulator supports the 68000, 010, 020, and 68881 FPU.  Much
jason> nicer than most 68k sims out there that only do 68000.

So there. If you have the time to play, go and port eCos to UAE - I'm
sure it'll be a lot of fun!

Jesper /still very much a child at heart/