* [ECOS] pid_serial driver
@ 2000-02-18 10:11 Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2000-02-18 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

The pid_serial driver appears to be a generic 16c550 driver,
right?  Apart from the addresses of the UARTs being hard-wired
into the source code (grin) I don't see anyting that looks
specific to the PID board or even to the ARM processor.

I'm starting on a driver for the 16c850 (a '550 superset) with
the pid_serial driver as my starting point.  Is there any
reason I should tie this driver to a specific platform?
Assuming you can configure the interrupt-ID and the UART base
address, I don't see why a UART driver needs to be associated
with a particular platform.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com