* [ECOS] board port howto
@ 2001-09-20  8:04 Shaun Jackman
From: Shaun Jackman @ 2001-09-20  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Is there a step-by-step howto on writing a board port? My board is *almost*
identical to the Atmel EB40 (at91m40800 processor) but I'd have to mess with
memory maps, chip selects, interrupts, ethernet chip, etc...

Thanks!
Shaun

* Re: [ECOS] board port howto
@ 2001-09-20  8:59 ` Cristiano Ligieri Pereira
From: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira @ 2001-09-20  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shaun Jackman; +Cc: ecos-discuss

There is not more than the online documentation available at redhat
website. What I think it is key to do a port is to understand in details
the current implementation of the board similar to yours. All the issues
you've mentioned must be fully understood so that you feel confortable to
modify them (unfortunately these are quite generic sugestions, aren't
they?).

Cristiano.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Shaun Jackman wrote:

> Is there a step-by-step howto on writing a board port? My board is *almost*
> identical to the Atmel EB40 (at91m40800 processor) but I'd have to mess with
> memory maps, chip selects, interrupts, ethernet chip, etc...
>
> Thanks!
> Shaun

* Re: [ECOS] board port howto
@ 2001-09-21  0:22   ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-09-21  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cristiano Ligieri Pereira; +Cc: Shaun Jackman, ecos-discuss

Cristiano> There is not more than the online documentation available
Cristiano> at redhat website. What I think it is key to do a port is
Cristiano> to understand in details the current implementation of the
Cristiano> board similar to yours. All the issues you've mentioned
Cristiano> must be fully understood so that you feel confortable to
Cristiano> modify them (unfortunately these are quite generic
Cristiano> sugestions, aren't they?).

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/ is a start, at least.
It could be better, and probably will be eventually.

Jesper