* [ECOS] Problem with tcp/ip
@ 2001-05-29  1:49 Manganotto Filippo
From: Manganotto Filippo @ 2001-05-29  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
    we are a group of student of University of Verona. We have some problems
with eCos. We are installing version 1.3.1 on linux machine with redhat 7.0.
The installation doesn't give problems. Now we try to install tcp/ip stack
because we want to use socket, but when we try to run test applications
(ftp_test or server_test or ...) they doesn't start the networt interface,
infact the value of variable eth0_up is 0.

To install eCos we did the following steps:
1) tar xvfz ecos-1.3.1.tar.gz
2) mkdir ecos-work && cd ecos-work
3) ecosconfig new linux

To install tcp/ip stack we did the following steps:
1) tcl ecosadmin add net-1.0b.epk
2) ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET
3) ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS
----(we doesn't add the other package because create conflict) ----
4) ecosconfig tree
5) make && make tests

Please help us!!

Thanks Univr

* Re: [ECOS] Problem with tcp/ip
@ 2001-05-29  2:11 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-05-29  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manganotto Filippo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Manganotto> Please help us!!

Get the latest sources via CVS instead.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] Problem with tcp/ip
@ 2001-05-29  6:25 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-05-29  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manganotto Filippo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

>To install eCos we did the following steps:
>1) tar xvfz ecos-1.3.1.tar.gz
>2) mkdir ecos-work && cd ecos-work
>3) ecosconfig new linux
>
>To install tcp/ip stack we did the following steps:
>1) tcl ecosadmin add net-1.0b.epk
>2) ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET
>3) ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS
>----(we doesn't add the other package because create conflict) ----
>4) ecosconfig tree
>5) make && make tests

Eeeek! I hadn't noticed you were using the linux synthetic
target. That does not support ethernet drivers - not even in the CVS
version.

Jesper