* [ECOS] How to implement block device drivers?
@ 2000-08-08 18:16 MURANAKA Masaki
From: MURANAKA Masaki @ 2000-08-08 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos-Discuss

I'm trying to implement IDE disk driver for eCOS(i386).
It seem that some samples in the eCOS package are character device driver.
I read documents and I guess the driver interface on eCOS is for character
device only.
Is this right? Is there any information for block device drivers?

P.S.
I've succeeded to boot up eCOS(i386) from GNU GRUB.
I think I'll contribute you within a few month.

--
Masaki Muranaka
Sennet, Inc.

* Re: [ECOS] How to implement block device drivers?
@ 2000-08-09  3:45 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2000-08-09  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

"MURANAKA Masaki" <muranaka@sennet.co.jp> writes:

> I'm trying to implement IDE disk driver for eCOS(i386).
> It seem that some samples in the eCOS package are character device driver.
> I read documents and I guess the driver interface on eCOS is for character
> device only.
> Is this right? Is there any information for block device drivers?

There is going to be rudimentary support for block devices in the next
eCos release, which will turn up in the anoncvs repository any time soon.

Essentially we have added block read and write functions to the device
table. However, this is currently little more than a place holder and
we have not yet defined precisely how these will be used.

--
Nick Garnett, eCos Kernel Architect
Red Hat, Cambridge, UK