* [ECOS] How to attach higher ethernet stacks to the MAC driver
@ 2015-05-21 16:39 Incubus84
From: Incubus84 @ 2015-05-21 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the connection between a mac-/phy-driver and a third
party tcp / ip stack. In the mac layer I have functions like
y_eth_isr, y_eth_init, y_eth_send, y_eth_recv, ... and many more.

In y_eth_init I attached an ISR (y_eth_isr) and the default DSR (eth_drv_dsr).

As far as I understood, the data flow is as follows:
1) The MAC (Hardware) receives an ethernet frame and creates an interrupt
2) y_eth_isr is called ( ret = (CYG_ISR_HANDLED | CYG_ISR_CALL_DSR); )
3) The default eth_drv_dsr is called
4) y_eth_deliver is called
5) y_eth_poll is called
6) The default eth_drv_recv is called
7) y_eth_recv in the mac driver is called

This is not what I really could proove but what I investigated by reading the
documentation and source code. Now.. my consideration was that I simply have to
add the call to the receive function of the tcp/ip stack in y_eth_recv. Is this
the right approach?

Another point: how can I reliable test the function of my hardware? I plugged in
my device into an ethernet switch which says that there is a link. Using ipconfig
under Windows just says -not connected-. Using ping is not a solution of course,
because I have no ip address...

And a third question: in the send function of the tcp/ip stack I have to forward
the send buffer to y_eth_send in the mac layer. I simply do this by calling
y_eth0_sc.funs->send(...). Is this the suitable way?

Kind Regards,
Dennis

[parent not found: <55642B08.4000502@zhaw.ch>]