* RE: [ECOS] DHCP w/ Win2K server?
@ 2001-11-19  3:01 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-11-19  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Sorry, you will need to add a similar line for the RENEWING and
REBINDING cases in dhcp.

* RE: [ECOS] DHCP w/ Win2K server?
@ 2001-11-26  4:05 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-11-26  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-11-22  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Unfortunately my eCos version is a bit outdated at this point, so if i
gave you a patch it almost certainly wouldn't apply properly.

* RE: [ECOS] DHCP w/ Win2K server?
@ 2001-11-19  2:48 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-11-19  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I think we saw this at one point. IIRC (it's been a while), the eCos
DHCP client assumes a gateway will be returned, and with linux dhcp
servers one is returned by default, but on win2k it isn't. I believe it
says in the spec that you actually are supposed to request a gateway
server ip if you want one, making this an eCos bug?

In net/tcpip/current/src/lib/dhcp_prot.c, around line 596 (in case
DHCPSTATE_REQUESTING), try adding the following line:

	    set_fixed_tag( xmit, TAG_DHCP_PARM_REQ_LIST, TAG_GATEWAY, 1
);

to add the gateway request to the DHCP packet. I dont know if there is a
way to adjust the win2k dhcp server configuration to automagically give
this out though.

* [ECOS] DHCP w/ Win2K server?
@ 2001-11-19  2:02 Grant Edwards