From: Hugo 'NOx' Tyson <hmtx@redxhatx.com>
To: ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] problems with ecosconfig
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 02:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

danc@iobjects.com (Dan Conti) writes:
> i'm using cygwin and a february cvs snapshot of ecos. i have a .ecc that i
> use for my project, which works fine on my local machine. when i copy it
> elsewhere and try to generate a build tree (using ecosconfig tree) the build
> tree is not generated properly; i get an error because pkgconf/system.h is
> missing a large number of macros. i get the same problem if i copy the .ecc
> and open it with the configtool. i can, however, open the .ecc i use in the
> configtool, save it to a new location, and build that properly.
>
> i have other .ecc files which i've copied around and generated trees with
> before and haven't had any problems. since my build process is scripted, i
> need to be able to do this from the command line (hence i need to use
> ecosconfig).
>
> my command line looks something like this:
>
> mkdir build
> mkdir install
> cd build
> ecosconfig.exe --config="../ecos.ecc" --srcdir="../../packages" --prefix="..
> /install" tree

I know you've fixed the problem, but I add this comment OOI & IME...

I'd be very careful of using relative paths in stuff like this - the eCos
makefiles are convoluted, and the make process does change directories as
it goes.  All I'm saying is, if you use relative paths and it appears to
misbehave, the first thing to do is try it using totally absolute paths.

	- Huge