* Support query
@ 2004-04-30 18:40 rakamin
From: rakamin @ 2004-04-30 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Can you provide any references to vendors who would be interested in a
custom port of eCos?

Thanks

Ray Kamin
Manager, Advanced Computing Systems
Advanced Technology Center
Rockwell Collins
400 Collins Rd NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498
319-295-0267 (voice)
319-295-2005 (fax)
rakamin@rockwellcollins.com

* Support query
@ 2012-09-15 19:00 Amit Malyala
From: Amit Malyala @ 2012-09-15 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hello,

Years ago, I posted a message on ecos forum which is below:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-01/msg00024.html
Due to privacy and security concerns, I have to remove messages which I
posted. This post is very old and it can be removed without any loss to
the software engineering community.
Can you please delete the post which contain my name 'Amit Malyala' in
it? Please delete the followup posts as well as they list my name and
email address.

Thanks,
Amit

* Support query
@ 2012-02-21 13:45 Le Bouffant Tugdual
From: Le Bouffant Tugdual @ 2012-02-21 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Dear madam, mister,

I a m working on a research project around RTOS.
I am selecting a few RTOS for the projet and I have specific
requirements needs.
I  can't find any information on the internet concerning PCIe support.
It would be nice of you if you could give an answer to the following
question or to give me a contact to be able to have an answer.

- Does eCos supports PCIe (PCI Express) communication and how to use it?

Thank you very much.

--

Best Regards,

Tugdual LE BOUFFANT               Tél. : (+33)(0)4 42 90 65 58

SYSTEREL
Standard / Fax : (+33)(0)4 42 90 41 20 / 29     site : www.systerel.fr

* Support query
@ 2007-08-10  9:33 larsl
From: larsl @ 2007-08-10  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Does it exist a complete guide howto port eCos to a new processor
(ARM9T) and new board with Nand flash and SDRAM?

BR,
Lars G Larsson

* Support query
@ 2007-02-12  5:43 Igor B. Poretsky
From: Igor B. Poretsky @ 2007-02-12  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hello!

I tried to use eCos on the AT91SAM7S-ek board, but failed somehow. I
dealt with the snapshot version of January 7 2007.

At first I've compiled RedBoot (quite successfully) and programmed it
into the board's flash memory. It seems to work in general but I could
do nothing useful with it. I tried to download an application via
RS232 by the "load" command. The process started and ran (though
pretty slowly and with many retries), but failed to write into flash
addresses.

The eCos documentation says that if I use the ROM variant of RedBoot
then I should compile an application for the RAM startup, but I
couldn't do that because of lacking of some eCos support files. By the
way, I've noticed that compiling RedBoot for ROM and RAM ends up with
quite identical result images.

Then I took prebuilt RedBoot images from the eCos web-site, but it
seems do not work at all on my board.

Please, help me to start anyhow. I would greatly appreciate any hint.

Thanks in advance,
Igor.

[parent not found: <26C07DB2A372A544B44F05DE045B675E01902F59@xcgtxh01.northgrum.com>]
* Support query
@ 2006-05-05  7:22 Francisco Peralta Aguaron
From: Francisco Peralta Aguaron @ 2006-05-05  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hi,
 I have a question about eCos export restrictions and ECC Number classification.
 Is there some CCATS classification for the eCos operating system?

Thanks,
Francisco.

--
Francisco Peralta Aguaron       @ SIEMENS Mobile Communications
Via Monfalcone, 1              francisco.peralta@icn.siemens.it

* Support query
@ 2004-12-14  2:53 Tang, Henry
From: Tang, Henry @ 2004-12-14  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hello,

We are interested in having a third party port eCos to our ARM922T-based 5 port 10/100 Ethernet home gateway.  We would like this done in a very short amount of time.  Can you recommend a third party that can supply this service?

Regards,

Henry Tang
Software Engineering Manager
Micrel, Inc.

* Support query
@ 2004-03-08 20:51 Steve Wilson
From: Steve Wilson @ 2004-03-08 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

KarlNet, Inc. has been working for some time to develop a custom
bootloader application on top of eCos for a PowerPC MPC8245 platform.
We have been able to get Redboot to work, but we need other features and
the eCos kernel seemed like the best foundation for our application.
However, we have been having some trouble with a variety of things not
working in a reliable fashion (interrupts, scheduler/thread management,
etc.), and our deadline is looming.  We either need to contract with
someone who can help us get this finished soon, or punt and develop
something that is not eCos based.

Ultimately, we need an application we can easily support on a variety of
platforms, including, probably, i386, MIPs, ARM, etc.  In the short term
we need MPC8245-knowledgeable help.

Can you recommend someone who could consult on the problems we are
seeing?

Thank you.

- Steve Wilson
  KarlNet, Inc.
  swilson@karlnet.com
  +1 614 822 5275 x118

* Support query
@ 2004-01-27 17:11 jonesb
From: jonesb @ 2004-01-27 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

I would like some information on companies that supply ecos support.

Brian Jones
jonesb@lexmark.com
Lexmark, Intl.

* Support query
@ 2003-10-13  9:28 Ray Dany
From: Ray Dany @ 2003-10-13  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com'

Hi,

I'm a projetc manager in charge of a RTOS selection for future products.

I'm looking for support during the development : expertise, training,
sub-contracted development , ..

My company is based in Paris, and I would like to contact vendors in Europe.

Best Regards, Salutations

Dany RAY
Project Manager
R&D Department

* Support query
@ 2003-09-17 21:11 John Wasinger
From: John Wasinger @ 2003-09-17 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Greetings,

We are implementing a new system on a Viper SBC (XScale based PC-104)
made my Arcom.

Arcom has provided support up to the level of creating a RedBoot loader
for their card.

Are there any companies that would provide commercial support in
developing a robust serial driver package to run on eCos?

We need software that will generate interrupts upon:

1) recognition of a specified string (eg., carriage return, line feed)

2) receiving a certain number of  characters

3) receiving a certain number of characters either before or after
    receiving a specified string

Sincerely,  John Wasinger

|       Research Aviation Facility         |
|     Atmospheric Technology Division      |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research |
wasinger@ucar.edu               303-497-1036

* Support query
@ 2003-07-08 13:08 Ted Larsson
From: Ted Larsson @ 2003-07-08 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hi,

We are looking for a way to get up & running with an rtos asap, and we
are interested in ecos.

Do you know of anyone that sells a complete package (development board
including schematics, development tools, etc) and can give support on
it, please let us know.

Or do you have a system (development board) that you can recommend us to
use for our intial development/evaluation. We are interested in the
mpc860 platform.

Best Regards,

/Ted

--
Ted Larsson
Qamcom Technology AB            Phone:  +46 31 7343421

* Support query
@ 2003-05-15  2:57 Andrew "ZACK" Zacharias
From: Andrew "ZACK" Zacharias @ 2003-05-15  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

   Any idea where I can obtain a floating point coprocessor emulator for
the Cirrus Logic EP7312, ARM7TDMI based processor? I don't have access to
the source code whose object code has ARM floating point coprocessor
instructions. I get an invalid instruction exception when I try to execute
the code.

   Thanks!

   Zack

* Support query
@ 2003-05-13 10:08 Haibo Tang (ETC)
From: Haibo Tang (ETC) @ 2003-05-13 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com'

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to port eCos to OKI ARM based platform.  Would you like to provide me a price sheet for porting and/or support.

Best Regards,
Haibo Tang

Ericsson Langchao Wireless Technology Co., Ltd.
11F, West Tower, Century Plaza, Qingdao Hi-Tech Industrial Park
Qingdao 266061,  P. R. China
Tel:  +86 532 8998866
Fax: +86 532 8998299