On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 12:54:36PM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote: > If I'm going to write software, and donate my efforts and my > intellectual property the Open Software community, that's my choice. > I've done this on many occasions. But one thing that I will NOT do > after making such a free donation of my efforts is to sign something > which explicitly puts my house and all of my savings at risk. If IBM > refused to put its corporate assets at risk when it donated the s390 > binutils changes to the FSF, why should I risk mine? As a result, I > will refuse to donate code to any project which requires me to sign an > agreement with similar language. Fair enough. But on the other hand, I guess SPI has to decide whether *it* wants to take up any risks and stand up for whatever code it accepted. What happens if some company decides they have a patent on something and tries to sue us into oblivion? Michael