* AIM711 serial drivers
@ 2004-06-17 22:32 John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2004-06-17 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Caßebohm; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Hi Roland

The three AIM711 serial driver packages share the same directory
(devs/serial/arm/aim711) at present. This contradicts the design of the
eCos package repository and causes particular problems for the eCos
Administration Tool (ecosadmin.tcl) which assumes that each package has its
own directory. For example, if you attempt to remove one of these packages
from the repository using ecosadmin.tcl, files relating to the other
packages will be deleted and the repository will be left in an inconsistent
state.

Are you able to provide a patch which separates out the serial driver
packages?

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited

* Re: AIM711 serial drivers - Checked by AntiVir DEMO version - - Checked
@ 2004-06-18  8:13 ` Roland Caßebohm
From: Roland Caßebohm @ 2004-06-18  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Dallaway; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Hi John

yes of course I could make a patch.

Should I seperate them like:

devs/serial/arm/aim711
devs/serial/arm/aim711_16x5x
devs/serial/arm/aim711_s3c4510

or better:

devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711
devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711_16x5x
devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711_s3c4510

Roland

Am Freitag, 18. Juni 2004 00:30 schrieb John Dallaway:
> Hi Roland
>
> The three AIM711 serial driver packages share the same
> directory (devs/serial/arm/aim711) at present. This
> contradicts the design of the eCos package repository and
> causes particular problems for the eCos Administration
> Tool (ecosadmin.tcl) which assumes that each package has
> its own directory. For example, if you attempt to remove
> one of these packages from the repository using
> ecosadmin.tcl, files relating to the other packages will
> be deleted and the repository will be left in an
> inconsistent state.
>
> Are you able to provide a patch which separates out the
> serial driver packages?
>
> John Dallaway
> eCosCentric Limited

VS Vision Systems GmbH, Industrial Image Processing
Dipl.-Ing. Roland Caßebohm
Aspelohe 27A, D-22848 Norderstedt, Germany
Mail: roland.cassebohm@visionsystems.de
http://www.visionsystems.de

* Re: AIM711 serial drivers
@ 2004-06-18  8:29   ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2004-06-18  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Caßebohm; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Hi Roland

Roland Caßebohm wrote:

> Should I seperate them like:
>
> devs/serial/arm/aim711
> devs/serial/arm/aim711_16x5x
> devs/serial/arm/aim711_s3c4510
>
> or better:
>
> devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711
> devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711_16x5x
> devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711_s3c4510

There is no strong precedent in the existing package directory hierarchy
since most platforms use only one serial driver, but I think the second
arrangement would indeed be preferable.

Please submit to the ecos-patches list as usual.

Thank you

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited

* Re: AIM711 serial drivers
@ 2004-06-18 13:12     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-06-18 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Caßebohm; +Cc: John Dallaway, ecos-maintainers

John Dallaway wrote:
> Hi Roland
>
> Roland Caßebohm wrote:
>
>> Should I seperate them like:
>>
>> devs/serial/arm/aim711
>> devs/serial/arm/aim711_16x5x
>> devs/serial/arm/aim711_s3c4510
>>
>> or better:
>>
>> devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711
>> devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711_16x5x
>> devs/serial/arm/aim711/aim711_s3c4510
>

> There is no strong precedent in the existing package directory hierarchy
> since most platforms use only one serial driver, but I think the second
> arrangement would indeed be preferable.

Alternatively it may work okay to continue with a single package, with one
ecos.db entry, but have the three parts as cdl_components rahter than
cdl_packages.

Jifl