* Re: How to add patches to cvs-log
       [not found] <op.u70cspe28qukij@w27>
@ 2010-02-12 10:32 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2010-02-12 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bob.brusa; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Hi Robert

Bob Brusa wrote:

> on 14-Jan-2010 I sent a patch (devs_current_100114.epk) to ecos-patches
> at sources dot redhat dot com. I assumed it would then go (after review
> by an expert!) into the "current" cvs ecos repository. This does not
> seem to be the case as I learned yesterday when updating my ecos from
> the cvs. Did I follow a wrong procedure or does it just take some more
> time?

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to contribute a patch for eCos.

Unfortunately, patch review can take some time. The eCos maintainers
which are best placed to review your changes may be busy. I would
suggest that you re-post your changes to the ecos-patches list in the
form of a plain text attachment (generated using "diff -U5 -r") rather
than as an EPK file. This will make it much easier for individual
maintainers to review your changes at a glance.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer

* Re: How to add patches to cvs-log
@ 2010-02-12 10:59   ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2010-02-12 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Dallaway; +Cc: bob.brusa, eCos Maintainers

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:32:28AM +0000, John Dallaway wrote:
> Hi Robert
>
> Bob Brusa wrote:
>
> > on 14-Jan-2010 I sent a patch (devs_current_100114.epk) to ecos-patches
> > at sources dot redhat dot com. I assumed it would then go (after review
> > by an expert!) into the "current" cvs ecos repository. This does not
> > seem to be the case as I learned yesterday when updating my ecos from
> > the cvs. Did I follow a wrong procedure or does it just take some more
> > time?
>
> Firstly, thank you for taking the time to contribute a patch for eCos.
>
> Unfortunately, patch review can take some time. The eCos maintainers
> which are best placed to review your changes may be busy. I would
> suggest that you re-post your changes to the ecos-patches list in the
> form of a plain text attachment (generated using "diff -U5 -r") rather
> than as an EPK file. This will make it much easier for individual
> maintainers to review your changes at a glance.
>
> John Dallaway
> eCos maintainer

Hi Robert and John,

A few years ago I knew about one link by the topic:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/patches.html

Unfortunately I cannot call where I 'bookmarked' it in my mind from.
Just now I tried to find the reference looking the eCos front pages,
and I couldn't find a reference on the link.

But, Robert, That's it.

HTH

Sergei

* Re: How to add patches to cvs-log
@ 2010-02-12 15:59     ` Bob Brusa
From: Bob Brusa @ 2010-02-12 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergei Gavrikov, John Dallaway; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Am 12.02.2010, 11:59 Uhr, schrieb Sergei Gavrikov
<sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:32:28AM +0000, John Dallaway wrote:
>> Hi Robert
>>
>> Bob Brusa wrote:
>>
>> > on 14-Jan-2010 I sent a patch (devs_current_100114.epk) to
>> ecos-patches
>> > at sources dot redhat dot com. I assumed it would then go (after
>> review
>> > by an expert!) into the "current" cvs ecos repository. This does not
>> > seem to be the case as I learned yesterday when updating my ecos from
>> > the cvs. Did I follow a wrong procedure or does it just take some more
>> > time?
>>
>> Firstly, thank you for taking the time to contribute a patch for eCos.
>>
>> Unfortunately, patch review can take some time. The eCos maintainers
>> which are best placed to review your changes may be busy. I would
>> suggest that you re-post your changes to the ecos-patches list in the
>> form of a plain text attachment (generated using "diff -U5 -r") rather
>> than as an EPK file. This will make it much easier for individual
>> maintainers to review your changes at a glance.
>>
>> John Dallaway
>> eCos maintainer
>
> Hi Robert and John,
>
> A few years ago I knew about one link by the topic:
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/patches.html
>
> Unfortunately I cannot call where I 'bookmarked' it in my mind from.
> Just now I tried to find the reference looking the eCos front pages,
> and I couldn't find a reference on the link.
==> indeed, this link got lost - there is no path to this page and hence
no newbie will ever find it.
> But, Robert, That's it.
>
> HTH
>
> Sergei

Hi Sergei and John

I would expect that in my case, the diff-command could look as follows:

C:\cygwin\ecoscvs\ecos\packages>cvs -q diff -u5 -p devs\eth\arm\at91 >>
my.patch

However, this lists everything in this directory as "modified" - simply
because my windows based editor has changed linefeeds by the cr-lf
sequences. So I leave it for now and hope that the expert will cope with
the epk-file I handed in. After all, the relevant changes do affect the
file if_at91.c only.
  Regards Robert

* Re: How to add patches to cvs-log
@ 2010-02-12 17:25       ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2010-02-12 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bob.brusa; +Cc: Sergei Gavrikov, eCos Maintainers

Hi Robert

Bob Brusa wrote:

> I would expect that in my case, the diff-command could look as follows:
>
> C:\cygwin\ecoscvs\ecos\packages>cvs -q diff -u5 -p devs\eth\arm\at91 >>
> my.patch
>
> However, this lists everything in this directory as "modified" - simply
> because my windows based editor has changed linefeeds by the cr-lf
> sequences.

You can ignore line endings and other whitespace differences using the
"-w" switch:

  cvs -q diff -u5 -w devs/eth/arm/at91

John Dallaway