From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
To: Alok Damle <alok@jopasana.com>
Cc: ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Anonymous CVS password not working!
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Alok Damle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to access the Anonymous CVS behind from firewall.
>
> I have also asked our firewall administrator to open the 2401 port for
> the same.
>
> now when i gove the command:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos login
>
> then it asked me for the password
>
> I typed : anoncvs
>
> It retured me with the error
>
> cvs [Login aborted]: recv() from server sources.redhat.cpm: Connection
> reset by peer.
>

> Please tell me what is the problem and how can i rectify it.

Assuming this isn't a temporary problem that has now gone away...

It is almost certainly something to do with your firewall. Your sysadmin
may have accidently opened 2401 as the source port not the destination
port? And check it's definitely a TCP port that's been opened. After that,
I dunno. Sniff the ethernet traffic to see if it makes it past the
firewall maybe.

Jifl