Gary Thomas wrote: > Jonathan, > > Have you made any progress with the FSF changeover? Not for a while. I last prodded them on the 8th (I've attached my last message FYI). There's some speculation the FSF is tied up with SCO (who have now expanded their claims to encompass the validity of the GPL in general: and now there's also Linksys. Both are discussed here: http://lwn.net/Articles/50985/ However there are some steps we can take now other than the assignment to at least work on the vendor independence. In particular, to try and move as many references as possible from http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/ to http://ecos.sourceware.org/ including list addresses; at least as much as we can. But we haven't formally agreed that everyone's okay with that. I had hoped before for something like ecos.gnu.org, but the FSF's position is such that we would only be able to get ecos.nongnu.org at present. So ecos.sourceware.org is the only sensible way forward IMHO as I doubt we want to change home pages again if and when we become official GNU. Unless there are objections, I'll assume that's the official stance now and we can look at fixing up references and set up a RedirectMatch in the httpd config to forward to ecos.sourceware.org. Jifl -- eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts --["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work anyway"]-- Opinions==mine