From: Alex Schuilenburg <alexs@ecoscentric.com>
To: testfarm@ecoscentric.com, ecos-maintainers@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Test Farm: MySQL upgrade
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:16:00 -0000	[thread overview]

All

[excuse the x-post but I need to get everyone, including those external
maintainers that occassionaly use the farm]

We need to upgrade the MySQL database to version 4 from v3.23 for
various reasons in the test farm, the largest of which is house-keeping:

There are several housekeeping functions that cannot be done
automatically in MySQL3.23 without writing reams of perl scripts to do
this automatically. Since I am not of the disposition of writing scripts
unnecessarily, I would like to upgrade.

After doing various research, we should be able to move seamlessly in
the farm. Bugzilla works, so the farm should too.  The upgrade could
take anywhere as short as an hour to as long as a couple of days if I
hit problems.

Needless to say, this will require syncing with releases and whatever
else people are currently monitoring in the farm.  I propose starting on
the weekend 2nd Oct to minimise effects.  This will mean shutting down
the farm for that period.

Please let me know if this is a problem and your preferred dates if so.

Thanks
-- Alex