* Wiki
@ 2007-12-15  1:47 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2007-12-15  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers; +Cc: Grant Edwards

A few weeks ago, I secretly set up MoinMoin wiki at
http://ecos.sourceware.org/wiki - MoinMoin is the wiki software on
sourceware and used by other projects (including gcc.gnu.org).

As you may have seen on ecos-discuss, Grant Edwards was volunteering to
help with things, so I've suggested that would be a helpful thing for him
to work on. Updated web info was certainly one of the things to sort out
for a release, and as I said before, I thought a wiki was a much better
collaborative way to do it, and no-one objected to the idea :). But even
better if someone's happy to look at it. For now, he said he'd look at
transferring over the FAQ, which is certainly the highest priority since
I've already had problems keeping it alive on sourceware, but there are
also quite a few of the static pages that could be wikified. Not
everything is appropriate I agree, but FAQ-y things, and things aimed at
eCos contributors and developers (as opposed to newbies and bog standard
users) are good for that. Ease of update, easiness for contributors to get
involved, and better content management are of course the main advantages.

If you want to see other examples of moinmoin in action you can look at
the other sourceware project users:

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki
http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki
http://sourceware.org/cluster/wiki
http://sourceware.org/lvm2/wiki
http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki

and of course MoinMoin's own site:
http://moinmo.in/
which lists some nice examples including:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Home?action=show&redirect=FrontPage
http://wiki.winehq.com/FrontPage
[ etc.etc.etc.]

Some of them look quite nice, although it may take a while for us to reach
that level!

BTW, Grant, can you let me know what wikiname you'll be using so I can
give it read/write/admin rights, thanks.

Jifl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-12-15  1:47 UTC | newest]